This is my favorite baby age, between 4 & 7 months...when they start showing a real interest in the world around them but before they are on the go and no longer want to cuddle.
Jacob seems to be enjoying it as well. He is really starting to explore and it is so fun to see him try and figure things out. He'll spot a toy on the other side of his play mat and he'll wiggle, roll, even try to get up on his knees to get to it but when all else fails he just gives a little cry and he knows mom will get it for him ;) He wants to move so badly so we've been doing a lot of tummy time these days to help him figure it out. I think he will be crawling in some way soon. He also loves bouncing/jumping/stomping around in his exersaucer! He gets so excited it is just too funny.
He has gotten better at sitting up, he still uses his arms for support and as soon as he reaches for something he topples over, but he is getting stronger. He still hasn't figured out that raspberry stuff yet though!
Jacob continues to enjoy his bottle, he is still taking his pri.losec and I fear for the day the doctor suggests we start weaning him off because I know it is coming soon...some days he does still have it rough with spitting up and just yesterday he completely refused a bottle (I am pretty sure now it is his teeth)I just don't want it to get out of hand like before. Thankfully he LOVES his fruits and vegetables and we are gradually introducing new foods to him every couple of days.The boy is definitely not starving! On our home scale he is up to 22lbs which mean he has (un)officially doubled his birth weight!
The past week or two he has actually had some nights where he has actually slept through until 5am! I am not fond of the early wake up call, but it is better than getting up at 2 or 3! This morning he fell back to sleep when Thurman was up making his bottle and slept right through to 730! That was pretty exciting! I am keeping my fingers crossed for more consistent sleeping patterns soon!!
Jacob has been getting (&loving) more one on one time with me since RaeAnn is at school ALL day now. (I promise to post on that soon) but he definitely misses his sister. I love watching them "play" together. It won't be long now before he is chasing after her and annoying her right back!
I almost forgot to take his 5 month pictures - so I called Thurman from class and asked him to do the honors. When I came home and checked the camera the very first picture was perfect...
| he is getting SO big! |
No comments:
Post a Comment