Friday, September 14, 2012

teeth: falling out & breaking through

6 days before her first day of Kindergarten, RaeAnn lost her very first tooth! She had been working it out ever since her cleaning back in July, when the hygienist mentioned her two bottom teeth were a tad bit loose. I honestly had forgotten about it until one night RaeAnn came to me and asked me to see if it was ready to come out, when I told her no, with a big pout she said "but I have been wiggling it all day!!!"
A couple days later I offered to give it a good pull, she agreed but freaked out as soon as I started and an even bigger freak out ensued when Thurman tried. The next night it finally came out!!!
It was like Christmas morning when RaeAnn woke up to a crisp five dollar bill under her pillow. She came running into my room and very proudly told me "The tooth fairy left me an Abraham Lincoln!!" ( I was pretty impressed that she knew that, good to know I got what I paid for at her preschool) However she has decided to take it a little bit slower with her other loose tooth...all that excitement was a bit too much!

I jokingly said to her, maybe the tooth fairy will drop you baby teeth off for Jacob... and two weeks later guess who got his first tooth!? and two days after that his second!!!

I knew something was a bit off with Mr. Jake and I was getting nervous that maybe he was outgrowing the dosage on his acid reflux meds which the doctor warned us could happen :/ so I was so caught up worrying about that, it kept me from seeing what was really going on! So my tough little guy cut two teeth like a pro without tylenol because I thought all he needed was a bit more pri.losec!!!
They are both way too young for all this teeth talk, I swear I don't remember loosing my first tooth until the second grade, now kids are loosing them in preschool!!! & poor Jacob straight from dealing with acid reflux to teething...babies do not have it easy!!! 

But look at this smiley guy...covered in sweet potatoes...you would never guess that he is a stinky napper, picky eater, early teeth cutter, or the master of all blowouts. 
He is just happy to be here ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment