Saturday, November 10, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

Oh Hi, Remember us? We're still here. Still following along with all of you, just not taking the time to actually share with you! But I swear this isn't the first time I've sat down to write an update infact just the other day I was almost ready to hit "publish" when I got distracted and then apparently I forgot to hit save and it was gone. After that I was just to mad to write again until now.
As I am sure you've probably assumed by now there have been a lot of "distractions" over the past month. This is the longest I've gone without posting and I missed Jacob's 6 month post! What a terrible mother I am ;) I didn't just miss it here either, I've really been dropping the ball with his baby book too and forget about actually editing pictures-I'm lucky if I even upload them off my camera!
I haven't decided yet if my time management just really sucks or if there really isn't enough hours in the day... but between taking care of the kids, all my household "chores" and school I barely get everything done - I have NO IDEA how working mothers do it all or mom with more than 2...You ladies are my new heros! Even while I sit here there are piles of laundry waiting to be taken care of and I still have no clue what's for dinner...but I've neglected this blog long enough it's time for an update!
I think we last left off right after school started and I promised a Kindergarten post for RaeAnn, She is doing great! She loves Kindergarten and I like her teacher. She seemed to have gotten the more strict of the two and honestly I think that is exactly what RaeAnn needs. She is a bit of a day dreamer but Mrs. C reigns her in. She did however let me know that when the occupational therapist visits the class (every wednesday morning, a major plus to public schools!) she keeps an eye on RaeAnn...just to make sure it is just daydreaming and not something that needs to be addressed. Mrs. C also noticed that RaeAnn has caught on to learning her letters and letter sounds faster than the other children so every weekend she sends home a simple book for RaeAnn to practice reading. We've been reading to RaeAnn since we brought her home from the hospital, she loves to read and I am happy her teacher is encouraging her to excel!!! Here are some pics from her first day!
I felt very relieved when RaeAnn recognized a friend from preschool, actually he saw her first. Which was super cute!  She was gone after that tho, She wouldn't even let me walk her to line-up!! & that is where I finally cracked and shed a few tears! She's so grown up!

As for my school, my classes are so time consuming and terribly boring!! My Bio and Marketing teachers totally rely on power point and my statistics class is very homework heavy, but I am happy to report not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I had tried to take Statistics before back at the Community College I attended in Illinois but my teacher was terrible and I ended up dropping the class and avoiding it like the plague! But now I am on track to actually graduate this Spring so I had to get it done!

Let's see what else has been going on that I've neglected to post about...and yes I am consulting my Facebook timeline to make sure I don't miss anything!!! Autumn is my favorite time of the year but it's also the busiest!! Last year I posted about each event individually but here are the highlights in a nutshell.
Apple Picking was back in Septermber, Jacob especially loved it because we let him gnaw on an apple the whole time! The group was not as big this year but we still had a great time.

We made plans to go to the fair but it rained on military appreciation day so we decided to pay the $30 admission and $10 parking - it wasn't worth it...beucase that's just to get in, then you have to pay for everything else!! But we did...I got my fudge :) Thurman got his fried dough, RaeAnn used her money from the tooth fairy to ride some rides, and Jacob made friends with a couple of roosters. But going on Clumbus Day was also a terrible idea it was so stinking busy-at one point we lost RaeAnn - total panic! She didn't know she was even lost though, she was trying to catch up with Thurman and I was stuck in the crowd with the stroller-she knew right where she was going, but for those 10 seconds my heart stopped and it was time to go home!! Next year we'll just skip the fair if it rains on military day- it is a good time but only if you can get in for free and avoid the crowds!
(God help us when we finally do go to Disney!)






It also rained for the Haunted Happenings parade this year, well more like sprinkled and if Jacob was older we probably still would have gone but we skipped this year - Halloween just wasn't the same at all this year, usually we get good use out of the kids costumes but they only wore them twice, once for RaeAnn's school Spooktaculer and once for trick or treating. RaeAnn couldn't even wear it to school! Which of course I didn't know, becuase since when aren't kids allowed to wear their costumes!! What is the world coming too?!
It was still special though because it was Jake's first but even he wasn't too thrilled -he was cutting his third tooth of the week!! He started coming around when all the nice people started putting candy in his pumpkin! & Then he watched Thurman and I eat it all hehehe - thanks Jacob!  Here's to hoping the rest of this Holiday season is a bit more fun!!!





& I guess that's it, or at least what I can remember and I guess it wasn't that much that I missed, but it sure felt like more was going on! & I think this post was long enough that I should still write a separate post for Jacob's big 1/2 year mark! Maybe I can later tonight...but I wouldn't hold your breath!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment