I feel terrible for missing his 6 month post- I was doing so well. I blame his doctor appointment schedule - his 6 month check up wasn't scheduled until Oct 30 and I swore I would do the update then-but the month of November decided to go by in fast forward and here we are - So I'll just combine the two!
| 10/18/12 - 6 months old! |
His sleeping habits are getting better. His naps are more consistent and reliable and while most nights he still wakes up, all he needs now is a quick diaper change and he is able to get back to sleep without a bottle. I thought for a little while that he had finally figured out how to sleep through the night, er well at least until 5AM but then daylight savings time ruined that and now it's his teeth that are the trouble!
| 10/18/12-6 months old |
Poor Jake has already outgrown the height limits on his exersaucer and he is very close to being over the weight limit for his swing - I am starting to hear the motor work a little extra when we get him going at full speed :) Jacob's official stats at his 6 (and a 1/2) month check-up were 30 1/4" tall and 23 1/2 lbs that has him still in the 100 percentile for height and I think 97% for weight. But I do think he is finally slowing down a bit in the growing dept. We went to the Cardiologist on the 13th and his stats were all the same 2 weeks later. Our appointment with the Cardiologist went EXTREMELY well. I was incredibly nervous because at his check up his pediatrician still heard the murmur and when we got to the appointment so did the cardiologist but now that Jake is older and his growth didn't slow down at all the Cardiologist was able to say with certainty that it is an innocent murmur and Jacob has been officially discharged from the cardiology clinic - THANK THE LORD!! It is such a relief to know he will be OK that his heart is strong enough for him and that we have nothing to worry about. ♥
| 11/18/12 - 7 months old!! |
-his first trip to the park to try the swings which he LOVED.
-his first major holiday, Halloween - I posted about in the last blog, he had so much fun it was great!
-his first time getting to sit in a high chair at a restaurant & his first time getting to sit in the shopping cart at the grocery store
-he went to his first birthday party and tried to dive into his Godmother's cake - hilarious and so bummed I didn't get it on camera!!
-he "survived" his first hurricane and saw his first snowfall all in the same week!
-his first election!!
-He got to ride in his first brand new car!! (YIPPEE I finally got a new car!!! )
& my favorite first this month was Jake's first trip back up to Labor & Delivery to meet his brand new cousin Mia!
| 11/18/12 - 7 Months Old!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment