Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Finally Losing the Baby Weight

I really have no excuse as to why I haven't attempted to lose the weight before now. I mean I can certainly give you some - my plantar fasciitis, going to school full-time...blah blah blah- but I'll be honest, my self-confidence has been at an all time high, I didn't have the motivation because I could look in the mirror and be happy with how I looked, at least with my clothes on anyways!! Underneath I am covered in stretch marks and droopy skin but there isn't much I can do about that so I don't let it bother me.
But lately I have realized how unhealthy I really am, waking up with migraines almost every morning, lacking energy and it all really hit me when I couldn't even play a game of twister with RaeAnn without pulling every single muscle I know of!
Before the holidays I started paying attention to what I was eating and tried to make better choices and I lost 10lbs! Stress of everything else going on might have also played a role in that :/ but then I let it all go to crap and gained 7 back. I was digusted but finally truly motivated!!
So I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred about three weeks ago along with watching my calorie intake/making healthier meal choices and I am already back down 6 1/2 lbs. I wish it was more but I am pleased that overall I feel healthier already. I definitely feel stronger and more energetic and I only had two migraines this whole entire month!
My goal is my health but I have become obsessed with the numbers on the scale. I want to get back down into the 170's where I was when Thurman came home from Turkey. My ideal weight would be in the 150's but at the moment that seems so far out of reach. My short term goal is losing another 4 to get back to the weight I was at when I first got pregnant with Jacob. & If MyFitnessPal is accurate I should be there in about two weeks.
I'll keep you all posted ;)

1 comment:

  1. I need to make a post we are back to using mfp in our house too! James needs to lose 75-100 lbs to be at a healthy weight. So it is time to find the motivation.

    ReplyDelete