Sunday, January 6, 2013

Oh Hello There....

Hello blogging friends and Happy New Year!! I hope you all had a very merry holiday season! We had a wonderful time here in our house, kinda hectic with lots of visiting but it was our first Christmas with Jacob and that made it the most special!! I could bombard you with a million of pictures from the month of December, but I will only choose a few I promise!! First off, here is our family Christmas card! I love it so much and had way too much fun dressing the kids up in matching outfits!
My birthday was very low key, we had my mom's side over for dinner and ice cream cake and Thurman took me out to dinner the night before. The highlight was taking the kids to see Santa. Jacob was awfully curious about the big man in the red suit with a beard like his Pap. But he did sit and at least look at the camera!! I expect next year might be a little more of a big deal since I'll be turning the big 3-0! eek!


& we made sure to get my traditional family portrait in the photo booth :)

The rest of the month was way over the top with way too many decorations, loud singing, and Christmas specials. Jacob loved it all, especially trying to steal all the ornaments off the tree and even trying to open a couple of presents early!  Christmas morning he didn't want anything to do with them though. He was pretty overwhelmed by Santa's generosity I think!
RaeAnn got just what she wanted, a real American Girl doll and also a pair of stompeez she has only worn once of course. It was a really great Christmas!!!

getting in the Christmas Spirit :)


Christmas Eve with my side of the family



Jacob's 1st Christmas :) and RaeAnn with Julie!

Matching Christmas Pj's!
Now that we have rung in the New Year and the decorations are down, we are all battling a bit of a cold. RaeAnn has it the worse with a low fever that just won't break but if you saw her running around the house you wouldn't even know it! She was so happy to be back at school this past Wednesday but she had to miss Friday and probably tomorrow too. I am thankful I am off until after MLK day!!

1 comment: