Monday, March 18, 2013

He is almost 1!

Jacob Matthew is 11 months old!!! How is that possible you ask? You didn't realize since I forgot to update at 9 and 10 months? Well I do apologize but yes it is the truth! My baby is almost 1!!

I really am such a slacker and it's a shame too because Jacob has been doing so much fun and exciting stuff over the past couple months!! Like...
Getting his first haircut!
FINALLY sleeping through the night!!
Successfully weaning off of his acid reflux meds!!
Crawling with his belly up off the floor!
Surviving his first Blizzard! (RaeAnn's too!)
Learning to pull up on furniture and cruise around!
Cutting two more teeth for a total of 8! (and all FOUR of his molars are ready to break through!)
Jacob can Wave Hi!! &Dance!!
& just in the last week, he said his first real word "ByeBye"!!
and ever since he's been on a roll, Now he can say "baba" for bottle and "up", "hi" and "hello" when he picks up one of our phones! too cute!!

Like I said, exciting stuff right?? He isn't such a baby anymore! & now in hindsight I will admit his first year has flown by!! But I love every single day with him, I love watching him learn new things, start to comprehend more and laugh and joke with us. He is driven by his curiousity, our loveable little troublemaker!! He spends his days exploring and trying to figure out the best ways to get around all of our baby proofing attempts. He loves to empty out the kitchen cabinets, rip apart magazines, make a big a mess as possible in RaeAnn's room for her to clean up of course ;) and dump out any drinks left on the kitchen table!! He is so mischievous!! I can only imagine what's in store for us during his toddler years!!! Especially since he is still working on his depth perception and understanding the concept of gravity!! No more big falls, but there have been some bumps and even a black eye!! He's a tough guy though, he gets right back up and tries again! He is going to give me a heart attack I swear!

Jacob's last well baby check-up was at 9 months, he was 30 1/2" and 25 lbs, he has definitely slowed down from the 1-3lbs a month he was gaining before! I don't even think he will make it to 30lbs by one like I long thought.  He was just weighed again last week when he was seen for strep! (I thought it was his ears, the doctor said it was his teeth, but his throat was red so she swabbed him just to be sure and he was positive! My poor baby! He is feeling much better now, though his molars are really kicking his bum!! Teething is the absolute worst!) But Anyways his official weight at 11 months is 27 1/2 lbs! & we measured him at 31" at home.

Well there's the past 3 months in a nut shell, I have at least been good at remembering to snap a monthly picture of Jake (Thanks to Thurman's new Canon Rebel SLR!! I feel like a professional hehehe) here he is  at 9, 10, & 11 months! & I promise I will post about his first birthday before he turns 2 ;)
Dr. Love!  (1/18/13) 9 months
Teething Bites! (2/18/13) 10 months
Jacob Matthew (3/18/13) 11 months old!!!

& here is a bonus pic :) My (quarter) Irish babies ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment