Monday, October 7, 2013

Promoted to Soccer Mom

It was my goal when we moved to this new apartment to get RaeAnn involved in the community to help her make as many new friends as possible. We'd always talked about getting her into extra curricular activities, but she would never make up her mind about what she wanted to do so I didn't push it. Now all of a sudden she wants to do it all!!!
In August she went to 1/2 day gymnastics camp for two weeks. It seemed like she had a lot of fun and her cartwheels have improved tremendously! But she said she didn't want to sign up for actual gymnastics class and that she really wanted to start dance. So I signed her up. She started about three weeks ago and she is IN LOVE! She said she wished she'd always been dancing. (Preschool RaeAnn would not agree though, she had quite the bout of stage freight back then and I don't think she ever would have gone up on stage for a receital!!) I am just glad she is in it now - it's expensive but I think as long as she is enjoying it and an active participant it is worth the money. I personally can not wait to see her on stage next Spring in her receital!!
Ready to Dance!!
Along with Dance she also started Soccer - She'd always been asking to play soccer but where we used to live the program didn't start until 1st grade. Where we live now they start at age 4!! So a lot of the kids she plays with have been playing for almost 3 years! But she fits in well - She's picked up on the skills, but she does not have the attention span to play the actual game. She has literally chased a butterfly while the rest of the kids chase the ball! It's cute and she has a lot of fun- but I think she realized it's not for her. When I asked if I should sign her up for Spring Soccer she said, "No thanks - and no Spring Sunday school either please"
I had to nicely point out that Sunday School is not optional! Yet another "extra" we have added to our plate!! I was actually surprised when she said it because she had been asking over the Summer why we don't go to church anymore and now I am glad we have a obligation reason to go again!! & We go to the church in our old neighborhood so a couple of friends from her Kindergarten class are there, which she was really excited about. & I reminded her that Sunday School is to prepare for her First Communion in second grade, a day she has been dreaming of to get dolled up in a pretty white dress and veil and finally be able to receive holy communion like everyone else!

So I can say mission "get involved" has been accomplished - our schedule is pretty jam packed now between school, my school, homwork, dance, soccer, Sunday school and church.
& there is no end in sight! When Soccer is over next month she's going right into basketball then she wants to go back to swim lessons and maybe try gymnastics again!! It's nice to be busy, I am just glad Jacob is young enough that he doesn't have his own extra curricular schedule too - I'm not looking forward to being promoted to "Mom Taxi"!! and I'm glad I have some time until then!!
Soccer!!

Bonus Pic - 1st Day of 1st Grade!!

No comments:

Post a Comment