Hi there. Remember me? I kinda dropped a bomb on you a couple months ago then disappeared out of the blogosphere. I've been attempting numerous posts as usually, but nothing published. So I'm going to try and finish them up, but I'm hoping answering this end of year survey I read over at Love is Blonde might help recap/catch up and get me excited about blogging again.
1. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had a BIG birthday this year. The big 3-0. I celebrated by getting a tattoo! A figure eight knot on my wrist to symbolize my favorite quote from FDR "When you come to the end of you rope, tie a knot and hang on"
I also went out with my mom, sisters, aunts, and cousin for a GNO I tried to make sure I had as much fun as possible and I think I did a pretty good job.
2. What are your strongest memories from this year, and why?
I won't lie it's kind of already a big blur, but my strongest memories are only my happiest, It helps to move on from the rest of it. Jacob's first birthday, Our trip to Colorado, Jacob's first steps, Summertime with RaeAnn. Christmas morning. Getting the news that my Nana was Cancer free.
3. What did you do this year that you’d never done before?
I fed a giraffe at a zoo in Colorado, super cool, but pretty gross!!
4. What did you want and get?
A MUCH bigger apartment
5. What did you want and not get?
A family pet.
6. What would you like to have next year that you didn’t have this year?
our own house possibly.
7. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really ever make resolutions. For the cliche reason of never keeping them. So I can't remember if I said I had one for 2013 or not. But as for 2014 my resolution is to keeping putting effort in with my marriage and family. To take what I/we learned in therapy and apply it to everyday life and never ever get back to where we were just 4 months ago.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Graduating College. I didn't make a big deal about it since it was only my Associates and I started a new program a week after graduation. But it was a pretty big achievement and I am very proud of myself that I stayed on my timeline and got it done!
9. What was your biggest failure?
my marriage
10. What did you rely on when you were overwhelmed?
Celexa. Music.smiles and hugs from my kiddos
11. What are your strongest recommendations for entertainment from this year? (books, television, movies, music, etc)
I felt like a lot of good TV ended this year. But we found and immensely enjoyed The Newsroom on HBO. I also finally admitted I'm a huge Katy Perry fan, and maybe even Taylor Swift but only as a singer. She still highly annoys me in life!! We didn't get to the movies to see any grown up films but RaeAnn and I enjoyed Frozen!! Super cute!
12. What song will remind you of this year?
Just Give me a Reason -P!nk
13. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year (not necessarily from the song that reminds you of the year).
'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar - Katy Perry "Roar"
14. What was your most enjoyable purchase?
My new washer and dryer. Seriously.
15. Did you travel? If so, where?
We spent a week in Colorado Springs visiting my brother and then a mini vacation at Sesame Place in PA. Next year we are hoping to get to DISNEY!
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
shut off my computer and put down the phone!
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
fight.
18. Compared to this time last year, how are you different?
This year my eyes are WIDE OPEN. I thought life was complete and it was smooth sailing. I was naive.
19. Compared to this time last year, how are you the same?
I'm still hopeful. Amazingly still in love with my life - my kids and my husband.
20. What’s a life lesson you learned this year?
Marriage is hard work.
No comments:
Post a Comment