My boy is two. The time has flown, we are thankful for every single day with Jacob. Even now with the Terrible Two's in full swing! Ugh the tantrums! Thankfully though teething is complete! His two molars came in at about 20 months shortly before we got him to give up the
binky. & I am happy to report after about of month of giving us a hard time at bedtime/naptime without the binky, he is finally settling down easier and sleeping much better...still some early wake up calls but even if he does wake up early he usually amuses himself and let's us sleep til about 630. He will also nap for about 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon.
 |
| Playing in his new sandbox, that is not meant to be a baby slide! |
Jacob is running and climbing and digging and getting dirty. He LOVES to play outside and will cry by the door like a puppy if it is raining or too cold. He is rambunctious and full of energy but he also still loves to curl up in my lap and cuddle with me! His best buddy is Woody from Toy Story, he even made it in to our family pictures we had done this past weekend. He has the entire gang thanks to hand-me downs from RaeAnn and had a toy story themed party for his birthday. He also loves to play trucks and planes. He is much better at playing independently than his sister ever was and I love to watch him figure things out and entertain himself.
Jacob is a big fan of food especially foods full of flavor. Homemade
lasagna and meatballs, tacos, fajitas,cheeseburgers. I love cooking for a
not so picky eater. RaeAnn still only survives on plain pasta and
hotdogs! She is coming around though. At Jacob's 2 year check up his
officialy stats were 35 lbs and 37 1/2" he just keeps growing and
growing.
 |
| Toy Story Birthday Party! |
 |
| Excited for some cake!! |
Jacob is still not talking. & at this point I am concerned. It seems as though he is just now starting to communicate the way an
18month old would. Or the way his sister did at 18 months...I know, I
know don't compare...but it is hard. The pediatrician isn't as concerned but she did refer us to our state's Early Intervention program that she is certain he will qualify for but assured me it doesn't mean he has any disabilities, he just needs some encouragement to start using his words and maybe actually say Mom one day!! Right now I am "baby" to him. I think it is because I call him baby so often. It was cute until he started calling every women baby ;) The only good thing is in the morning he calls for Dad so I convince Thurman he wants him to wake up with him and I steal an extra couple minutes of sleep!
 |
| in case you didn't know - he is two!! |
Next up for Jacob is potty training and moving into a big boy bed. But I am dragging my feet. He still wakes up very wet in the morning and I remember one of the signs for potty training is dry diapers in the morning...I also just think we need to wait until he is able to talk and understand the whole concept of using the potty before attempting anything & with the big boy bed we need to try and wait until the end of July, because we are hosting my brother and his family and we need the spare bed for them! *knock on wood* Jacob has never even attemped to climb out of his crib so hopefully we will make it!
So cute. The kids are just now starting to talk. Do not stress when the therapist tells you where he should be at this point. I do not listen to them anymore because my kids are hard headed and they are going to do things when they are ready. About comparing him to his sister, I compare my kids all the time, how do you know what he should be doing if you don't.
ReplyDeleteHe is a cute little guy and my guys would be jealous of his sand box/slide, lol.