Friday, May 13, 2011

33 days?!

Most people would think getting their period on Friday the 13th would be obvious bad luck but after waiting for my period all week, I'm relieved! I am not sure if my cycle is still just a bit off due to the miscarriage or if this extended cycle is just my new "norm." But my period was about a week late!! Secretly I was a little hopeful that by some miracle the month that we were actively trying to prevent pregnancy it would happen! I would have had a nice little laugh with the Man upstairs!!
But really I was worried because if I was pregnant my surgery would be postponed and I know that right now I need my gallbladder out especially since it's been hurting a lot lately. I was also worried because if I wasn't pregnant why would my period be late?! I've always been so good on my 28 day cycle, but last month was 31 days and this month was about 33!
Finally at 5 days late (yesterday) I took a home pregnancy test and my doctor even had me come in for some blood work just to be sure. Both were negative. My surgery is still on for the end of the month. Yippee (please not the sarcasm!)
However I am still just a bit worried about the length of my cycle. And of course since I was late, I have to reschedule my appointment with my new OB/GYN that was supposed to be on Monday. Now they can't get me in until the middle of July! :( I know I have time but I was really looking forward to getting some questions answered especially now since it feels like my uterus is giving up on me!

Hopefully next month it will be on time so I can relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment