I am not the best at keeping up with friendships. In fact if it wasn't for facebook I wouldn't have any. or maybe vice versa...maybe this is all facebook's fault. But really I think it is me. I avoid phone conversations as much as possible and being that most of my friends live in different states it really doesn't work. But what I love best about my most oldest and dearest friends ...they haven't given up on me. When I finally do pick up the phone or come out of hibernation we can talk for hours picking right up where we left off even if it's been over ten years. Some people have come and gone in my life but these people are always there, always interested in where my life is at, always sharing their own ups and downs with me and always ready to gossip!
I've always been a believer in it isn't about the number of friends you have, it's about the quality and I certainly have some of the best. They have all played such a big role in my life and bringing out some of my best qualities and making lifelong memories.
If only I was a better friend - better at calling, sending handwritten letters, visiting...It's easy to keep track of each other via facebook and following along with their lives but I know there is more to friendship than just facebook!
So I hope you all know that I love you dearly and I am thinking of you constantly!! & I promise to try and make a better effort...eventually!!!
Lovely Jill, I am an equally bad friend - I never do handwritten letters (mostly because I think nobody would be able to read them, and email just seems faster). That would be fine, except that I forget to email, and forget to stay in touch. So often if I want to know what's happening in the lives of friends, I check the facebook newsfeed, or look at their profile page and recent photos. But it's not the same as keeping in touch regularly and I definitely want to get better at it. I miss and love you, and I would love it if we could talk more. xoxo
ReplyDelete