Sunday, March 16, 2014

Slippery Slope

I've been doing so well on my weight loss journey, down 14lbs since January, 18 total since September. Aside from keeping up with my exercise routine, establishing better eating habits was also a big goal I set for myself & it is easier than I thought it would be. I am realizing that healthy food doesn't taste so bad after all and smaller portion really do satisfy my cravings if I take the time to measure it out. And I know that when I do reach my goals I will still enjoy eating healthy.
However as easy as it has been for me to eat healthy, it is just as easy to eat 5 chocolate chips cookies and undo all of my hardwork.  Last night was my family's St Patrick's Day party and I ate so well all day knowing that there would be lot of pickies and desserts to tempt me so I left myself 700 calories to be able to enjoy a bit. But once I started I couldn't stop. And just to make myself feel like a total fat ass, I stepped on the scale this morning :( Those pounds come back so quickly!!

Maintaining my weight has always been such a slippery slope because I enjoy food so much! But those empty calories add up so quickly!! My biggest fear is not being able to maintain my goal weight once I get there. I am not being overly ambitious, my goal weight is realistic but I want to be able to treat myself every now and then without gaining three pounds overnight!! So I guess that is my new battle - working on my will power in social settings! Or plan on doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred for the rest of my life!!

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!!

1 comment:

  1. Feel your pain. Weight will always be an issue here. Glad you are keeping at it and doing awesome too I might add!

    ReplyDelete