Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Power of Prayer

I love that my daughter believes in the power of prayer. It makes my heart so happy that she knows she is never alone and that God is always there for her and she already knows she can give her worries to Him and trust in her faith. Sure sometimes she prays for silly things like a puppy or extra dessert and sometimes she uses prayer as a stalling tactic at bedtime...but RaeAnn has seen prayer in action and she believes and that is a wonderful thing. 
Sunday night I was attacked by a vicious stomach bug and ended up in the ER, poor RaeAnn saw me at my worst and she was scared, when I came home she let me know she prayed for me and she knew I would be OK.
But I think my most favorite story to tell about RaeAnn and prayer is from last October, the day Thurman came home from the hospital after knee surgery when we were separated. I'll just say it was tense in the house and I was extremely stressed. I needed to go pick up his prescriptions and I could not find my wallet. I went ballistic. I emptied all my purses, tore the house apart, still no wallet. So then I hurried the kids into the car when it dawned on me I might have dropped it at the soccer field the day before. The kids were so quiet and probably frightened by my craziness and as I walked around the car after buckling in Jacob, I prayed "Please give me the strength to calm down to think rationally Please be with me Lord" I sat down behind the wheel and took a deep breath and I remembered. I put my wallet in the glove box when I went into the hospital to get Thurman(I never ever put my wallet in the glove box it really wasn't the norm for me!) & there it was and I just cried. I apologized to the kids. I calmed myself down and thought this is a perfect teaching moment for RaeAnn to let her know how I prayed. So I told her & she said "I was praying too." The tears started coming again. I was just so proud of her. Here I was thinking she needed some convincing in believing in our faith (not that she ever questioned it before) or that she needed help in understanding how to pray and she was already a step ahead of me. It was such a proud moment for me. & I thanked the Lord for it!

All the time, God is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment