Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Good Week

Jacob did well this week with his at-home visit and group. His teacher was impressed that he remembered things from the previous week & at group he didn't participate in the activities, but he didn't throw a tantrum, he played in the room and would come over to the circle to see what was going on but then go back about his business...just this little baby step helped me to breathe a sigh of relief, I know we are going to make it through this one way or another. I am a bit worried though because there won't be group this week due to the 4th that we may have to start back at "level 0" the following week. We shall see.
don't you love his cute little backpack?

Also this week RaeAnn finished 1st grade!! I can't believe how fast this year has flown by and RaeAnn is a second grader now! She did so well adjusting to the new school and had no problem making friends. She had a nice teacher and wonderful programs to help her with her reading, she made so much progress, it was fun to compare work from last September to now. I am so glad that she will be returning to the same school next year!! 
A fun comparison pic of the kids from last September to this week! Thew grew like weeds!!

& I picked up diploma/certificate for finishing my Medical Coding program. I am officially done with community college and I am enrolled in a local University for the fall semester to finish my BA in accounting. Another two years left in school and you better believe I will actually be walking in cap and gown to receive that diploma!!


And to finish out the week, I ran my first 5k today!! & I did amazing! My goal was 35 minutes and I made it in 34.06. I was so nervous because all week my run times were off and I was dragging ass and my shins were killing me. But being in a race really motivates you! It was great! Next race is in 3 weeks and hopefully I can keep my same pace or maybe even push a little harder!!

No comments:

Post a Comment