I started the c25k (couch to 5k) program 8 weeks ago - I originally started because I got bored with my workout DVD's and hit a major plateau with my weight loss. I had been successful in running to lose weight before so I figured I better get to it to lose the last 10lbs even though I promised myself I would never run again... Well it took me 8 weeks and getting back to healthier eating habits but I am finally back on track with shedding the pounds.
But the real success has been that I have developed a love for running. It has become my escape, when I am having a bad day, bad mood whatever I just want to run to feel better and after a couple miles and some good music I am back to a healthy state of mind!
I am actually running my first road race next week, something I also promised myself I would never do! But now I am signed up for 4 this Summer!
I am 7lbs away from my major weight loss goal and I think with all this running I might just get down lower than I ever thought possible which would be amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment