I can not believe it is June 18th already and Jacob Matthew is two months old!!
but oh my what a difference a month makes!!!
| "Official" Two Month Picture |
I think it will be best to do his monthly updates in a bullet format because I really don't know how to make them "flow" so here goes...
~Jacob is becoming quite the little flirt! He loves to smile and coo at anyone who will pay him some attention which is everyone he meets ;) & I am almost certain he will be giggling soon. He tries very hard when he gets real excited but nothing yet. I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation!!
~His schedule is still pretty much the same: eating every 4 hours, napping for at least two hours in between but the best news I have to report here is that after surviving his first nasty cold/cough Jake started sleeping so much better at night!! He still wakes to eat but usually only once in the early morning and he quickly falls back to sleep. It helps that we (ok, maybe it was all Thurman) figured out that he needs to be swaddled and not just for comfort, it's more to keep him from startling himself awake or accidentally pulling out his own binky. We were actually getting some decent sleep ourselves before Thurman had to switch to the night shift :/ But it's OK, every time he does wake up, he flashes me a great big smile and I don't mind what time it is or how much sleep I've gotten, the kid has me wrapped around his finger!
~Jacob is a strong little boy, I am pretty sure he is still sitting at a solid 15 lbs (his weight on the home scale at 6 weeks) but he already loves to stand in my lap and he holds his head up so well. I considered bringing in the exosaucer from storage because I think he would love it but my mom made a good point that maybe I should work on his tummy time before I have him go straight to being upright for activities. What baby do you know though that likes tummy time? Definitely not my babies! So for now he is pretty content on his piano play mat and I will try to torment him a little and flip him on his tummy every so often.
~His most favorite activity these days is being read to. His eyes lights up, his arms flail, he kicks his legs, if he had a tail it'd be wagging!! He focuses and gives all his attention with a great big smile on his face no matter what you are reading, but he does already have some favorites from our home library. It's also a great activity that helps keep big sister included. So whenever we can we grab a book!
He also found the TV in the past week or so...when I'm trying to feed him, he'll be arching his back trying to watch the news with me. It's not something I am proud about, but it is cute to watch RaeAnn sit beside him and explain to him all about her favorite shows.
~As for the rest of us, we are doing good. RaeAnn is back to normal and by "normal" I mean at least not swallowing any foreign objects-just the usual annoying stuff to get our attention but still not giving Jake enough of his own personal space. At times I've even seen the sweet side of her come back around which reminds me that I really do love her so much! ;)
& like I mentioned earlier,Thurman is on night shift now and working most weekends which is rough, but I find myself more productive on the nights he is working - I think I thrive off of the chaos. It is a bummer though that he is missing some fun family outings and yesterday, Father's Day, we couldn't do much because he was in between nights. He should be back to office days (7-4, M-F) by the end of the Summer and I am really keeping my fingers crossed for that one!!
| Thurman & the kiddos on Father's Day |
Jacob has his 2 month check up Friday and I am not looking forward to it, he'll be getting THREE shots :( my poor boy, & He won't have long to recover, next week my brother & his family as well as my in-laws are coming to town to finally meet my chunky monkey and help celebrate his Christening. a day I am very much looking forward to!
Stayed tuned, I'll be posting all about it!
Aww, I know just what you mean about needing to be swaddled - she absolutely pulls out her pacifier if she is free to do so. And she does the same back arching if the tv is on! Miss you Jill, you sound so happy :-)
ReplyDelete