Well I supposed I should post this before he is five months!! At least I took the pictures on his 4 month birthday! & I've been writing this post for a while...anyways...without further delay - Jacob's 4 month post!
| 4 Months! |
Our new struggle now is napping and just sleeping in general. He has made it pretty clear he wants nothing more to do with his swaddle but he still can't keep from startling awake and once he starts stirring, his hands find his mouth and naptime is over. I have tried to "ignore" him and let him try to get himself back to sleep but no luck, however as soon as I pick him up he is back to sleep. I am not a fan of these habits!!! I am afraid soon we will have to resort to letting him cry it out, but really I don't even think that will work, the boy can stay content for hours gnawing on his hands, he never cries when I try to put him down awake in his crib...this is going to be quite a challenge, one I do not want to undertake :/ I've said it about 100 times now...RaeAnn made everything WAY TOO EASY for us!!
On the developmental front, Jacob learned to roll over belly to back soon after turning 3 months. He grabs at his toys and can move a toy from one hand to the other. He enjoys time in his exersaucer, but at his height he will soon grow out of it! Currently he is trying to master sitting up, blowing razberries, and he is even working hard on a (backwards) army crawl! His favorite toy is pretty much anything cold that fits in his mouth but there is a cow rattle that RaeAnn claims is his real favorite. He is in size 3 diapers and sometimes I try to squeeze him into some 6 month short sets, but he is more comfortable in the 9-12 month size range. Just recently we bought him a new "big boy" convertible car seat - he is very uncomfortable and sweats a lot when we have to smoosh him into his infant carrier and we are hoping the bigger seat will keep him happier on long drives.
Jacob had his 4 month check up this past Tuesday and it went well. I was so relieved that he handled his shots so much better this time around!!! Dr. H just couldn't believe his size as is the reaction from almost anyone... He is still in the 100% for height at 28 1/4" and 98% for weight at 19.6 lbs!!! We went over all our questions/concerns and agreeed to keep Jacob on the acid reflux meds and she encouraged to start feeding him more!! She seems to think it will help him settle better at bedtime and such. So now he gets cereal (and a bottle) for breakfast and dinner then next week we will be starting veggies! She was also still able to hear his murmur, "faintly"but she also wondered why they didn't do an echo...ugh, still saying my extra prayers until his cardio check up in November.
Up until now I haven't felt like time was flying by with Jacob - but now it's almost September and he is almost 5 months old and I am suddenly overwhelmed with how fast it is going. Summer is over. RaeAnn starts kindergarten next week!!! & there are only 116 days until Christmas!! Someone please invent a pause button, QUICK!!!
| RaeAnn "set up" this picture...and then they both decided to look at Dad! |
No comments:
Post a Comment