Now that we're home I can share the news that Thurman didn't get his promotion. :( We found out the day we left it made for a very long drive to West Virginia. (It wasn't really something I cared about to write about while on vacation, I had placed it far out of my mind so we could enjoy ourselves!!!)
We both thought he had it this time, so it really was a HUGE disappointment. The only good news is that he still gets to keep his new back office job (which is good because I scheduled my first semester of school around his schedule! )
He plans on going to the education office on base to see what he can do besides study his butt off to help. Thurman doesn't test well and probably has undiagnosed ADD...he can memorize movies and songs and wrestling championships, but apparently when it comes to military history it's just not interesting enough for him! I told him he better get interested!! He can only test two more times before the military can kick him out. & this is all stress our family does NOT need!!
He has 8 months to get ready for the next test, you better believe I am going to be nagging him everyday to study! Lucky him!
No comments:
Post a Comment