Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fishy

Poor Fishy has gone to heaven. After just living with us a for week and 1/2.
I noticed he was gone before we went out for the day with my sister so Thurman and I texted back and forth about what should we do...
What made matters a little more complicated was that we were supposed to bring Fishy over to my mom's house tonight so she could watch him while we went on vacation, we'd been talking this up all week since we had to bring him over a couple days before we leave and RaeAnn had told Fishy he was going on "vacation to Gram's" My sister recommended bringing the fish over to my mom's as scheduled and she'd switch him with a new fish while we were gone, but I just didn't like the idea of making RaeAnn say goodbye to a dead fish....ya know without knowing that he was dead...
and Thurman just didn't like the idea of trying to trick her at all.
So we thought she could handle it. A couple of months ago we had to tell her about my Aunt's puppy who had died unexpectedly, she only met him a couple of times, but she talked about him constantly and loved him very much, she took the news better than we expected then and even cracked a joke with out knowing it...when I told her Jag (the puppy) had died and went to live with God she asked me "God likes dead dogs?" It was cute, I tried my best to explain how it really worked and she accepted that.
So when we got home from the movies today Thurman and I say her down and told her Fishy was dead, she didn't believe us, she went and looked for herself. She tried to convince us he was still moving, but then she realized he wasn't and she just broke down in tears. It was gut-wrenching. She asked us "how do we get him Heaven" and I said don't worry he is already there...I didn't want to traumatize her even more by telling her he was going to Heaven through the toilet!! So she went into the other room while Thurman gave Fishy a "burial at sea" and she cried his name out.
My poor girl, I cried right with her.
She is better now. She has plans to go out with my sister and pick out a new fish when we get back. & We said a prayer for Fishy before bed, and she squeezed my hand extra tight when I asked God to take really good care of him for us.
We miss you already Fishy.R.I.P.

2 comments:

  1. Poor RaeAnn! And Poor little fishy! :-( Any updates? Hoping you get good news this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor fishy, hope you're all ok. Probably best not to watch Finding Nemo for a bit eh? xoxo

    ReplyDelete