Friday, September 16, 2011

I should be writing a paper...

My first full week of school is done. Boy was that fun....UGH!!!
I think I jinxed myself by openly wishing to not have to write any papers, I have at least 3 assigned on the syllabus in each of my 4 classes. What a bummer. My first one is due on Thursday...write about a theme in Beowulf in MLA format with a works cited page. just give me a big fat F now. Seriously, interpreting themes is not my strong suit, neither are research papers, one of which is due next. College is lame, no wonder I've been putting it off for years!
Besides for my Literature class, which I am only taking because it is required to graduate, I am taking Intro to Business, Macroeconomics, and Financial Accounting. The first two aren't that bad, the teachers seem to get a kick out of hearing themselves talk so there isn't much work to do. The Financial Accounting class is a little tricky. It's pretty ridiculous to go through all these steps just to essentially "balance your checkbook"!! I'm sure it's more than that, but I just find it annoying.
So that is how I feel about College in a nutshell, I will tell you right now, if I wasn't getting amazing benefits from my GI Bill, I probably never would have gone back!

Also this week, Fall is in the air!!! Literally! It didn't get above 65 today! I can't wait for the leaves to start changing colors! We went apple picking this past Saturday and almost my entire family (brothers, sisters, aunts, cousins) were there. I'm a little disappointed in the McIntosh apples this year, but the apple cider donuts didn't disappoint! :)
RaeAnn and I are going to put up the Halloween decorations tomorrow. She's been harassing me since after Labor Day...but I convinced her it would be a good idea to keep our Summer/Patriotic decorations up until after September 11th. So this week everyday she asks if we can and I am so exhausted from school or have homework to do that I've been a big disappoint to her lately (it's been a but of a struggle finding a balance to college and home life, I've never done this before!) so I really promised tomorrow would be the day and I think we are even going to run out to the party store and buy Thurman and I's costumes. That will be quite an adventure, we always have fun goofing off with all the costumes! Hopefully we can find all we need...and maybe I'll eventually find sometime to write that damn paper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment