I was supposed to have my check up yesterday but my OB was called to the hospital so they had to cancel. Kind of a bummer because RaeAnn was actually going to go with me and Thurman left work early to come too, O well It was just a regular check up so no big deal. They also called earlier this week and told me to do my glucose test at the end of next week since I am just barely 27 weeks today. I'm fine with that though, now I can take care of it while RaeAnn is at school and she doesn't have to sit and wait with me to get my blood drawn. Anyways we've made it another 4 weeks and off to the doctor's I went. So here are the stats from today's appt...
weight gain: almost 20lbs total...I did not control myself at all over Christmas :( very disappointed in myself. Although the doctor's scale said I lost weight and that was with all my clothes on...I think I trust my at home scale a little bit more!!
belly measurement: right on schedule :)
baby's heart rate: 152, nice & strong.
my concerns: not having any at the moment especially since I was just seen two weeks ago to make sure everything was as it should be. & Today's appt was more reassurance actually seeing my own OB....
I've also started getting horrible cramps in my legs at the end of the day. Never experienced this with RaeAnn - it's very painful and it takes a while to stretch it out. I've increased my banana and milk intake on the advice of some other mom-to-be's I know, hopefully it helps...but I read online that it only gets worse the more pregnant you get :/ & Dr. D confirmed that I haven't seen anything yet... I'm so excited, BLAH!
Other important baby/pregnancy updates...
I signed up RaeAnn for a sibling class at the hospital and it sounds like so much fun! She gets to bring her own baby doll and they will show her how to swaddle the baby and change the baby, that should be fun to watch! They also take her on a tour of the maternity ward to show her where I will be. It made me really excited for her! I also signed Thurman and I up for a refresher birthing class. Not that I remembered anything I learned in my first class when it came time to deliver RaeAnn, but it's better to be prepared just in case!
I also finally filled out my pre-admission paper work for the hospital I will be delivering at. It got to be a little stressful when it came down to picking a pediatrician for the little guy, it's a really long story and my insurance is a pain in the ass! But I think I have a plan to get the doctor I want (RaeAnn's current pediatrician) I just hope it all works out!!
Jake has become very active, I feel him moving around first thing in the morning and usually doing somersaults when I want to go to bed. He's starting to get the hiccups and I definitely felt a little knee or an elbow the other day! It freaked me out a little, I never could actually tell what body part RaeAnn was using to kick and punch...but I had my hand on my belly and there it was! & have I mentioned how much Jake already loves his sister? He responds to her voice the most. He loves listening to her sing and play and gets all riled up in my belly! He is going to love her so much, but she'll probably be annoyed!
We are one week away from the 3rd trimester!! It hit me HARD today, especially when I was leaving my appt and said "see ya in 4 weeks!" and the doctor said "make that 3, and then every two after that!" WHAT?! It's time for biweekly appts already!? Baby Jacob is going to be here before I know it!!
I still have a week and a half until school starts back up...I plan on using my time wisely by lounging on the couch all morning and being as lazy as possible until I have to start studying and writing papers again ugh. Maybe I should actually read one of the books I got for Christmas! (I'm only half kidding about being lazy...I try to sit on the couch and do nothing but I am not so good at just sitting still when there is things that need to be done!)
Happy Friday the 13th, by the way. It's a very special Friday the 13th for Thurman and I...it is 6 years ago to the day that we met, he took it upon himself to get us a babysitter so he can take me out to dinner. I'm looking forward to it! RaeAnn isn't be too happy we're going on another date without her though!
No comments:
Post a Comment