Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Good News, Bad News

Bad news first, which really isn't too bad....yet...I found out today I did fail my glucose test and have to do the 3 hour fasting test on Monday :( I needed to be below 129 and I was 130! SO CLOSE! I don't know when they planned on calling me which kinda annoys me, it's been 4 days and I thought I was in the clear! Today I was calling because I thought I had a UTI (which thankfully I don't!) and I just so happened to ask about my glucose test. Oh well, I'm saying my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed I pass on Monday. I'm trying so hard to have a healthy pregnancy I will be pretty disappointed in myself if I am diagnosed with gestational diabetes. :(

Anyways the good news is my first week of school went great, not only can I fit in the desk (with room to grow!) but all my teachers are very willing to work with me and I am pretty confident I'll be on the Dean's list again this semester!

Monday & Wednesday afternoons I have American Lit...my professor is only 3 years older than me! His young age makes him come off kind of pretentious but when I spoke with him after class about my pregnancy he was very nice about it and very willing to work with me and even offered to let me complete the course online if for some reason any complications arise.

Tuesday night is Microeconomics, I had the same professor last semester for Macro. He's a tough teacher but at the same time he gives you every opportunity to make sure you understand what he is talking about before he moves on and even allows "cheat sheets" for the tests. My biggest concern here is missing one class is going to put me very behind, he doesn't teach from a book so if I miss his lecture I am in the dark. But he knows me, he knows I am a really good student and he is willing to help me get through his class and hopefully get another A!

Wednesday night is my managerial accounting class, I was supposed to have a nice old man for a teacher, but at the last minute for some reason the instructor was changed and now I have a woman. I feel like women aren't as sensitive to other women's needs and that made me nervous that she wouldn't want me in her class. But lucky for me she is an older woman, but a brand new teacher who just spent 7 years balancing family, career, and school and is completely understanding and actually thinks I'm awesome for sticking with school through my pregnancy.

I'm so relieved meeting my teachers went well, a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders (It wouldn't have been good if I had to drop a class and lose out on my GI Bill benefits) but it's been replaced with my bloodwork...hopefully everything comes back OK. I just need to stay positive!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the next glucose test is better.

    Glad your instructors are all understanding.

    ReplyDelete