Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Why do I let myself worry?

I've been worrying and stressing myself over silly little details lately, like the whole insurance mess about who Jacob's pediatrician be, when will his baptism be and will my brother (Jacob's Godfather) be home for it, what elementary school RaeAnn will be attending in the Fall...
...and then the other day I took a deep breath and I laughed.
What is the point in worry about things that are our of your hands anyways? I forgot I was supposed to give all of my worries over to God and trust in Him and his plan even for the little stuff.
I constantly find myself getting so worked up and stressed and there is no reason. I lose sleep. I lose valuable time with my family because I am in a bad mood over something that I can not control. It is one of my biggest weaknesses and something I really need to work on. So I laughed and thanked Him for the simple reminder to just relax and let him take care of everything...& why wouldn't I already know that? He took care of all my worries with getting pregnant and with Thurman's job. He is there for me.

So the very next day after getting my "reminder" I get a call from the base insurance coordinator who says once Jacob is born if we submit a waiver he can have the doctor I want!
& the next day the secretary at my church was able to help me schedule Jacob's baptism for the day I wanted when my brother will be home. and she even put in a request for the priest who just left to come back and preform the ceremony. Nothing guaranteed, but I'm not going to worry about it ;)
& as for RaeAnn's school, we'll find out tomorrow exactly where she will be going. Our apartment complex is apparently right in the middle of two school districts and they just changed it last year but are considering changing it back this year...I was worried about one of the schools, but found out it was all for nothing. Both schools are great and RaeAnn will do well in either one of them. So it's all OK. Nothing to worry about here... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment