The emotional part came when I finally spoke up about the baby's heart rate. It took the doctor a couple extra seconds again to find it and so I asked if that was normal he said "It didn't take long at all" I said it just seemed long to me and he said "Why are you worrying? Tell me what you're worried about..." and BAM the flood of tears started and I couldn't stop!!! & so I let it all out, how I really felt, that I am so afraid of something going wrong when we are so close, that I don't want to sound crazy but I can't help it and he was just the best! He said it was great that I was being honest with him and He understood exactly where I was coming from. (obviously because I know I am not the only mom out there that feels this way! poor guy must have to deal with so many emotional women all day! what a saint!!) He offered to have me come in for weekly fetal heart checks with the nurse, so I start that on Monday. & he also ordered a biophysical ultrasound to check on the baby, the placenta, and the amniotic fluid. That is scheduled for Tuesday. So next week is going to be awfully busy with appointments but hopefully I will feel a lot better after it all. I will keep you updated!
In other less emotional baby news, (I wrote this all out before my appt....)
My weight is so good! I am so proud of myself for not totally taking advantage of being pregnant. My goal is to not gain more than 30lbs and I don't think I will. Trust me I'm not really paying that much attention to it (and I do give in to EVERY craving) but every time I weigh in I am very pleased with myself.
I have been having more noticeable contractions lately. They aren't very painful but my belly gets tight and it is really hard to breathe for a minute. The other night I made sure to notice the time, but by the time another one came along it had been so long I lost track, so obviously it is nothing. But it's more than I ever had with RaeAnn.
The vivid dreams have really started to get pretty crazy lately! Last week I dreamt I was on laying in bed on the phone with Old Navy Customer service (weird) but then all of a sudden I just got the urge to push and out popped my little baby!! One teensy push...I can only wish it will be that easy! LOL. But I freaked out so bad I was able to wake myself up quick and realize it was just a dream. I didn't even take a second to turn the baby over and check him out. I woke up and grabbed my belly and took a big sign of relief. I wish it was time to have the baby, but he needs at least another month! But it dawned on my last night driving to school...I could have a baby in just 3 short weeks!! I wonder if Jacob could really cooperate with his Mommy and come on my spring break :)
I hear you on the weird belly button with the gall bladder scar! I have that going on....big time. :/ I have fingers crossed that the protein was just a fluke and am hoping you feel better after your u/s next week!
ReplyDelete