Sunday, May 6, 2012

Finals

This semester is almost over!! & I survived!!!! I just have two tests, a presentation, and a 1500 word paper to take care of before I am officially done for summer. A huge weight will be lifted from my shoulders as soon as this week is over!!
The two tests I have are for managerial accounts and microeconomics and honestly I could fail both and still get A's... if I only took those two classes this semester, things would have been A LOT easier!!! It's been the damn literature class that has been the death of me and the source of all my worry and stress. I should have changed professors the first week of class, but it was already hard enough scheduling my classes around Thurman's work schedule and my professors was willing to make things easy for me if I ran into complication with the pregnancy, I didn't want to take the chance that the class I switched into wouldn't be so nice...So I sucked it up and for the first 1/2 of the semester I had a straight A....Now I am looking at a B or possibly even a C...It makes me really angry that one stupid class is going to ruin my perfect GPA. & I am self conscious people will think it was because of the pregnancy and Jacob that I didn't get an A...but I promise you it is not! I did what I could and that's enough for me at this point. Because even if I didn't have a baby this semester I still wouldn't care enough about this class to try any harder than I did.  My teacher is just a major douche and assigns the most obscene papers..."choose one quote in all of American Literature, analyze the shit out of it and turn in a perfect 6 page paper" It's pretty hard to chose a 20 word quote and write over 1500 words discussing it...seriously try it and tell me what you come up with!!
I wish I wasn't so obsessed with my grades, I certainly wasn't in high school! A friend of mine once told me, your diploma looks exactly the same hanging on the wall as someone who just passed by with C's.... But for me, now it's an obsession. Now I need to the be the best -I expect all A's and a 4.0 gpa - & for what purpose?? I have no idea! I don't even know if I want to transfer to a 4 year college! Originally I just started going to school so I could start getting the money from my GI Bill!  & as long as you get a C the money keeps coming in, so I shouldn't be stressing but I can't help it!

but I will tell you what - I'm giving up in this class...this professor doesn't deserve my best!! How do I go from getting all A's from the head of the English department, (who has a PhD in Lit) to getting a (possible) C from someone who is only 3 years older than me!? Thank goodness I will never have to take another Literature class in my whole life!!! I could not handle another semester of this crap!! Give me some #'s to crunch, maybe a little science to study and I'll be a happy girl! with all A's!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment