6 weeks with our beautiful baby have gone by. I have to admit as much as I want to enjoy this time and remember it forever, I am not the biggest fan of the newborn stage. The whole eat, sleep, poop, rinse, repeat on little sleep gets old real quick!! So I am happy he is starting to put himself on a pretty predictable schedule and even letting us sleep almost 6 hours in between feedings at night!! During the day he goes about 4 hours in between bottles then he gets his diaper changed, (this actually happens about 5 times
within a 4 hour period! the kid pees, A LOT!!) then a little playtime
and finally a nap for about 2 hours before the next bottle. I think he might possibly be in the middle of a growth spurt, I stepped on the scale with him this morning and it said he weighed 15lbs! Most of his clothes now are 3-6 months, but I try to squeeze him into some 0-3 just to keep him from growing to fast ;)
In the past couple of days I have started to hear a "coo" here and there, I can't wait for him to start "talking" to me and I tell him so :) For now he is keeping us satisfied with lots and lots of big gummy smiles!
In the past couple of days I have started to hear a "coo" here and there, I can't wait for him to start "talking" to me and I tell him so :) For now he is keeping us satisfied with lots and lots of big gummy smiles!
| Guy Smiley |
We are still trying our hardest to figure out this new life as a family of 4, to figure out how to make Jacob's schedule work with ours...thankfully RaeAnn's school is over this week so things will be a bit more relaxed but It's hard for me to give into the theory that the second child just tags along everywhere and goes with the flow...I feel bad when I have to put him down because dinner needs to be made or when I have to rush his bottle because RaeAnn needs to get to school. It just doesn't seem fair to him - RaeAnn had it easy, we lived our lives around her schedule - Jacob does not have that luxury and it breaks my heart! I just want to snuggle, but this time around things need to get done. He doesn't seem to mind much which only hurts my heart more. He'll be fussing in his swing and I'll call out to him that I will be right there and by the time I can get to him he has put himself to sleep! & I just want to pick him up and love him, but I let him sleep. He is such a good boy and mother's guilt is no joke!!
RaeAnn is also still struggling...I didn't realize it at first, I thought she was doing great and her acting out was just normal RaeAnn stuff that was only annoying because Thurman and I were so tired, but now I realize it is a bit more of a problem...last week after a fun day at the mall complete with happy meals for lunch, she decided to swallow a penny while cleaning her room. I just don't understand her. I try my hardest to give her attention but apparently it isn't enough. Hopefully soon it will all come together and these hard times will be a distant memory. Until then we'll "just keep swimming" and cherishing the happy/silly moments even more!!
Next up in our busy lives: RaeAnn's preschool graduation!! It's pretty exciting that after Friday I will be the mom of a kindergartner! I will be sure to post about it when I have a chance!
RaeAnn is also still struggling...I didn't realize it at first, I thought she was doing great and her acting out was just normal RaeAnn stuff that was only annoying because Thurman and I were so tired, but now I realize it is a bit more of a problem...last week after a fun day at the mall complete with happy meals for lunch, she decided to swallow a penny while cleaning her room. I just don't understand her. I try my hardest to give her attention but apparently it isn't enough. Hopefully soon it will all come together and these hard times will be a distant memory. Until then we'll "just keep swimming" and cherishing the happy/silly moments even more!!
Next up in our busy lives: RaeAnn's preschool graduation!! It's pretty exciting that after Friday I will be the mom of a kindergartner! I will be sure to post about it when I have a chance!
No comments:
Post a Comment