Mister Jake is 2 weeks old already!
He had a check up with his doctor yesterday to follow up with his jaundice and the doctor was so impressed with his color she didn't think it was necessary to draw his blood which was great news! I am glad that is over with! They weighed him also and he is now tipping the scales at 11lbs, 4oz!!!
At his appointment I once again was concerned with his belly button... his cord fell off on this past Friday and it didn't look very pretty... I worried myself sick over it! Even though I did read online that there aren't any nerve endings in the belly button so it doesn't bother the baby one bit, I was still concerned and kinda broke down a couple times feeling like I just couldn't do anything right for him. His doctor took a look and diagnosed Jacob with a umbilical hernia...which isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be...it is due to the fact that my cord was super thick and his stomach wall has a bigger hole to close up than usual. His doctor said the plan of action is a wait and see approach, if it isn't closed up by the time he is 2 or it becomes bigger than 2 inches then surgery will be necessary otherwise it should take care of itself.
In other Jacob news, he transitioned to an all formula diet just fine (not without scaring us first by going 24 hours without pooping though) and was he sleeping so well at night! waking up at about 1am and then again at 4 and then back to sleep until about 7, each time going right back to sleep once he'd been changed, fed, burped and cuddled a bit. But over the past couple nights he seems to think late at night is the best time to stay awake and look around. :/ Last night every time I tried to put him in his crib he would wake up, it was a little rough. Thurman is still on paternity leave so he has been taking the 1am feeding which has been so nice, I know next week he probably won't be as helpful at night since he'll have to up for work early, but I think I should be able to handle it, hopefully!!
Today we took Jacob out to base to show him off at Thurman's office & get him registered with our insurance Now we just need to wait for our waiver to go through to take him back to RaeAnn's pediatrician and not the base doctor. (Keeping our fingers crossed and saying a prayer or two!!)
Big sister RaeAnn is trying her best to fit into her new role in the family but she is still acting up and not listening when we tell her to give Jake some space when he is eating and sleeping, she tells us she just loves him so much she can't help it. Which is cute until it's not! She has also been taking advantage of the fact that Thurman and I are exhausted and she's been pushing all of our buttons - I'm hoping the novelty of the baby will wear off soon and things can semi get back to normal. We're really trying to give her enough attention everyday and not yell to much when she is smothering thebaby - it's definitely a learning experience for us all.
& How is mommy doing you may ask? really tired but feeling good! Everything feels like it has heeled up nicely and I am completely pain free. What makes me feel great though is I only have 12lbs left to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight! I gained a total of 40! eek!!! So I was pretty excited to step on the scale and see that I didn't do too much damage! When people see me sans my big belly they look a little shocked and tell me how great I look and not to be conceited, but I feel it!! Although I am still wearing eleastic waist bands ;) I am not ready to see how my jeans fit just yet!!!
These past two weeks have been such a blur, seriously, we are exhausted! But we are LOVING every minute with Jacob!
No comments:
Post a Comment