Saturday, April 23, 2011

nine months...

My first due date is right around the corner. It is crazy to think that even if we had a healthy pregnancy the baby would still be "cooking" :) It's been almost 9 months since we started on this journey but with all that we have been through it feels like so much longer. It is hard to believe sometimes that this is our life and that our journey is no where close to being over.
I know God is with us and He is bringing us through it one day at a time. I am so thankful for the times when I am struggling and He finds a way to let me know that He has not forgotten me. God is truly amazing, I can not believe that it has taken me this long to figure that out!
God is Good, All the time.

According to my old OB we are good to try again, but we are not ready. There are some things that need to be taken care of before we start. First thing was getting a new OB!! And through an insurance loop hole I got an appointment with a doctor that everyone and their mother has recommended to me without needing a referral! I am really looking forward to talking with him about everything that has gone on and getting his opinion! I mentioned on facebook that already just dealing with the front desk I feel so much more confident with this office than I ever did with my last OB. I am so glad they started accepting my insurance!!

Next up on my "baby making to-do list" is getting my gall bladder out. I have an appointment on Monday to meet with the surgeon and even if he tells me I can live it with it, like my doctors in Illinois said, I am still going to have it removed. I want to be 100% healthy when I finally do get pregnant and I don't want to be worried about having a gall stone attack and putting the pregnancy in jeopardy. (If you guys are fans of 19 kids and counting, you'll remember that Michelle had to deliver baby Josie early because she had a gall stone attack that lead to high blood pressure)
I was first diagnosed with gall stones when I was pregnant with RaeAnn but I have been lucky enough that I only ever had to deal with some discomfort and occasionally some horrible acid reflux. I've been putting it off all this time because I am afraid of being put under general anesthesia, I am trying to find the faith to calm my nerves because this has to get done!

I need to remember to ask the surgeon on Monday how long the recovery time will be. I've been good about keeping up with my gym routine and I don't want to stop now! Getting back to a healthy weight is also on my to-do list. I am going to try my hardest to lose as much as I possibly can before surgery and hopefully the rest can be controlled with a good diet. I will also have to ask how long will we have to wait after surgery before trying to get pregnant. I hope it isn't too long because once we have everything in order I want to get down to business! ;)

I pray that my "to-do" list stays short. I am not sure we can handle anymore bumps in the road. We are hoping that if we just take our time, make sure we are healthy, and leave the rest up to God, our prayers will be answered.

"May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests."
Pslam 20:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment