Tuesday, April 5, 2011

weighing on my mind

Technically since the beginning of August I have been pregnant for a total of 19 weeks. That's about 5 out of 8 months. That is depressing. What is more depressing is my waistline. (Ok it really isn't more depressing, actually not even close...ugh. not close as all.)

When I was pregnant with RaeAnn I began to notice my belly at roughly 11 weeks and I've read that with each pregnancy you get a little bigger, a little sooner each time. I didn't really notice it in September, but this time around without gaining a pound I was quickly out of my skinny jeans and soon busting out of my fat girl ones. Now that everything is over I am still in my fat girl jeans and the pounds are adding up. I have a bit of a problem with emotional eating...I think a psychologist would tell me I was filling the emptiness I feel inside with food. And I would have to agree with them.
I did the same thing after the first miscarriage and it took me a while to snap out of it and get back to the gym. But the damage had been done, I went from 172lbs before the pregnancy to a whopping 187 after.
By the time I got pregnant in January, I already had a good gym routine started, but my diet was still not that great. After the positive pregnancy test, I tried to keep up with the gym and started eating better. My starting weight this time was 184, but I lost a couple pounds when I had a week of morning sickness. So I got down to 181. Guess where I am now...back up at 186. But at least this time I don't have the hurdle of getting myself back to the gym.

Losing this extra weight is a priority, not just for the obvious health benefits and the vain reasons of wanting to be back in my skinny jeans, but because to me at 186lbs I look pregnant.
When I was putting RaeAnn to bed the other night, I saw my shadow on the wall, a beautiful profile of a pregnant woman with a bulging belly and I wanted to cry. I want a nice fat belly so badly, but I want it to be fat because there is a big healthy baby inside!

This weight has got to go. The whole time Thurman was in Turkey my "job" was to get to a healthy weight to start trying for a second baby and I did a really good job going from 195 to 172.
I need to get back to work!

1 comment:

  1. Jill, I think you are a truly excellent lady, and I am so proud to know you darlin. Mark and I have started trying as well. No luck yet, but it's still early and we'll probably see if anything happens in the next few months before we start getting tested.

    I just want you to know that you are fabulous, and most certainly loved.

    ReplyDelete