Monday, April 25, 2011

reality

I had my surgical consult today. My gall bladder is coming out within the next two weeks, I'm just waiting to hear back from the surgical coordinator to set a date.
I am so mad at myself for not having this done sooner especially since the doctor told me that we have to put our baby plans on hold for at least 3-4 months after surgery! I am so incredibly angry and there isn't anything I can do now. This is what has to be done and I just have to accept that. It would not be very responsible to ignore my gall bladder any longer and it definitely wouldn't be very responsible of me to get pregnant and take the risk with my gall bladder.

The surgery isn't really a big deal (as everyone loves to remind me!) The doctor told me I should be up and feeling good the next day and within 5 days I can lift RaeAnn if I need to. I will be able to return to the gym within a month. But the reason for the 3-4 months before getting pregnant is because even though I might feel OK, my body still needs to get used to being without my gall bladder and my insides will still be pretty tender and sensitive. If my uterus started to expand it could possibly lead to complications and that is what we want to avoid!!

I was not expecting such a long time frame, I was pretty taken back when he said it. I was thinking maybe 4-6 weeks not the entire freakin' Summer. This news has really got me down. I know everything could be worse and I am glad my gall bladder will no longer be a concern I just need some time to process it all.

5 comments:

  1. I just read your blog, my husband and I have gone through 2 miscarriages, and are on the ttc journey. Isn't it an emotional roller coaster? I cannot wait to experience pregnancy and see myself with a healthy round belly instead of a chunky un-pregnant belly. It is a bummer you have to wait at least 3-4 months before trying again! I had to wait 3 months after my blighted ovum because it was back to back after my previous one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh wow I was thinking a month or two at tops! Just take it one step at a time and before you know it the time for baby making will be here again:)
    Gayle, April 25 at 8:11pm

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I got in for my GYN check up next month I am going to ask his opinion on the matter as well. Just to be sure :) (from facebook)
    April 25 at 8:28pm

    ReplyDelete
  4. yah, not a bad idea;) Gayle, April 25 at 10:14pm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think of it this way enjoy this summer and then get pregnant after the summer. Does anyone really like being pregnant over the summer? I loved being pregnant over the winter. Just think if you are pregnant over the winter then you are gaining your winter weight as well and it will be that much easier to take it off. :) Gotta find the bright side.
    Ashley, April 25 at 6:44pm

    ReplyDelete