Monday, April 4, 2011

i am as healthy as can be!

Thank you to everyone who is keeping up with me and reading along, Thank you for keeping me in your prayers!! It worked this time! We got the answer we were hoping for!!

After playing phone tag with my doctor for almost a week...I FINALLY got my test results back and they were completely negative...I should be jumping for joy!!!! but for a couple of reasons I'm not 100% relieved...

#1 reason, My doctor is an idiot. He started reading someone else's chart that had positive results...and he said to me, "wow someone should have called you by now." I lost it!!! I yelled back at him, "Excuse me?! No one has called me I've been calling the office since Thursday!!!" He very quickly realized he was reading the wrong chart. It was like he was trying to play the meanest April Fool's joke in the world!!! and on April 4th no less!
Finally, He then told me all of my autoimmune testing came back fine, no lupus, no blood clotting, completely healthy. I was very relieved!!! I went on to ask him the list of questions I had been keeping and I felt good about his answers but then he slipped up and said "well since you had 3 miscarriages..." I corrected him, I only had two... I asked another question and he told me "well you have two healthy children so you don't need to worry" ummm I just have one... I was getting SO FRUSTRATED!!!
After each of his "slip ups" I kept going back to my lab results. I must have asked him at least 10 more times "So my labs were good, I have nothing to worry about?" and every time he said "NO, nothing to worry about." By the end of the call he started referring to things that were relevant to me and the visits I have had with him, I started feeling more confident with what he was telling me and that he knew who he was talking to, but still not 100%.
I know there isn't any way he could mess up my blood work, he wasn't the one to draw it or label it. (I watched that lab tech like a hawk!) I don't think I need to be redrawn, I just wish he would have been more on point and know who he was talking to before he dialed my # so I could feel just a little bit better about this good news!!!

I have an appointment with my primary care doctor next week and I plan on discussing everything with her. I also plan on getting a copy of my lab results so she can double check.
I am praying she will put in another referral so I can switch OB's now as opposed to when I am pregnant again (that's the way things work here at this military base. You see your PCM for everything including pap's and only get a referral after you've had a positive test with your PCM. LAME.)

Secondly, Now that the blood work says there isn't anything wrong with me, it means there shouldn't have been anything wrong with my pregnancies. Trying to depend on Science is out the window...This was God's choice. And I think I am starting to understand why but at the same time I don't want to admit anything (that is a whole other post I have already started writing, stay tuned...)

So anyways the doctor says I only need to wait for one cycle before trying again, but I need to get my gall bladder checked out and lose a couple more pounds before I am really ready. I am not rushing into anything!
(And next time for sure we will have a new doctor! No question!!!)

Thank you to everyone who is keeping up with me and reading along, Thank you for keeping me in your prayers!! It worked this time! We got the answer we were hoping for!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to read this. I had a hunch things would work out okay w/ your results but definitely try to get a new doc asap! Incompetency in the medical field is beyond frustrating... it can be dangerous! Sometimes there are no easy or clear cut answers, but I think you're going about it the right way. Still keeping you guys in my thoughts :) Christina, April 4 at 10:59pm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the results came back negative Jill! Good luck with switching doctors! I hope the next one is better than yours now! Carrie, April 4 at 11:11pm

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad ur getting another doctor! How annoying! I hope the next ones a charmer Jill, April 4 at 11:14pm

    ReplyDelete
  4. honestly impressed you did not threaten that douchebag's life the way he was messing up. Very happy things are moving in the right direction for you and I pray it stays that way. Get that gall bladder checked out, keep doing your awesome work at the gym and keep your faith strong. I love you jill Dean, April 4 at 11:19pm

    ReplyDelete