Friday, December 23, 2011

24 Weeks! (tomorrow)

I decided to post a day early since tomorrow is Christmas Eve and we'll be busy celebrating and getting ready for Santa! I hope everyone has a very Merry/Blessed Christmas! & remember the real reason for the season!

It's weird to think that I've been pregnant since August (well technically July, but I didn't know until the first week of August.) I am so grateful that this baby continues to grow and develop inside of me. & even though I keep saying how quickly it is flying by in hindsight it's been forever!
This week I feel like I've reached a big mile stone...24 weeks means that if for some reason the baby had to come out now the miracle of modern day medicine would give our son a great chance of survival. I will be even more relieved at 28 weeks and if I make it past 35 weeks and 4 days I will be even better off than I was with RaeAnn. There is currently no reason to assume that I will deliver early, I just like setting these goals in my head to get to and when I reach another the anxiety gets less and less.
No new pregnancy symptoms or anything special to report. Jacob is still having his lazy days and then waking up with a vengeance against my bladder! I maintained my weight over the last week and I did eat healthier and it really helped!(Hopefully I can control myself over the weekend!) I have been pretty tired but I think it's because I ran around like a mad woman finishing up my Christmas shopping!
One fun point of the past week was while waiting at the check out and having a stranger ask me when I was due and asked if it was a boy :) it made my day :) I went through a lot for this baby and this belly & I'm just happy to show it off!

Mommy and Mommy Jr.

RaeAnn has been cuddling up to my belly more and more and she likes to try and pretend her belly is as big as mine! She's started to get really curious as to how the baby will come out. So I tried to be honest and tell her but that just started a whole new round of questions!! Really her biggest concern is that she wants to be at the hospital with me. I told her it isn't a very good idea because I might be pretty grumpy, she wasn't happy with the answer and just asked more questions! I never win with her!
Speaking of RaeAnn, she's finally reached that age where the Christmas excitement is just too much for her! She woke up at 540 yesterday just to see where our Elf on the Shelf "landed"! Thurman made her go back to bed after she found him and I reminded him that on Christmas morning she is going to be up very early and we can not send her back to bed! I remember her very first Christmas when she was 5 months old, she slept in until 8!! & that trend followed for the next two years! We found it highly amusing since sleeping in for her is such a rare occurrence! (She's always been a good sleeper, but as soon as daylight peeks in through her sun blocking curtains she is up and at 'em!) I'm pretty excited for Christmas this year myself, Santa really out did himself to make sure RaeAnn enjoys her last Christmas as an only child!!! & I am pretty sure he brought more than usual for Thurman and myself! It sure is nice technically being a two income family, it makes the holiday a little more enjoyable knowing there won't be a credit card bill in the mail next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment