Tuesday, December 13, 2011

hungry hungry hippo

I've definitely fallen into the trap of thinking I could eat what ever I want being pregnant and all...but boy have I screwed myself over!!! I want to strangle anyone that has told me I am so lucky to be pregnant over the holidays...the temptation is WAY too much!! I have absolutely no control over my sweet tooth and I am paying for it!
First off I've already gained as much as I wanted to in the 2nd trimester (and I still have 5 weeks to go!!)...I know I don't need to watch my weight, but I also know that I don't need to gain as much as other preggo's since I started out a bit overweight.
Secondly before I got pregnant I was doing fairly well with avoiding the junk food so since I've been overindulging I realize it is making me so sluggish and just feeling super yucky. Not a great feeling for someone who already feels huge due to her growing belly!! And to top it all off...I'm having "phantom" gall bladder pain...to the point where I am really questioning if the surgeon even took it out!!!
I gave Thurman permission to start giving me dirty looks when I sit down with a box of cookies and to yell at me when I tell him I stopped for coffee and a muffin before school.
The thing is I am still hungry all the time, but I really need to start making healthier choices in my snacks. I said this from the get go...I said it even before I was pregnant...but I caved and I feel so guilty. But at least I am choosing to do something about it now rather than when I am 33 weeks and borderline preeclamptic. Hopefully I can really stick to eating healthy from now on make a positive change!! Say a prayer for me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment