I had to run up to the OB's office today. I had been having some pain/pressure since Saturday and I'll just leave it at that...all the details are really TMI like even I don't want to know what's really going on! The good news is everything with the baby is OK (& I'll survive)
I had been telling myself all weekend that everything must be OK because I wasn't having any contractions & the baby was moving (I am trying so hard to suppress my inner hypochondriac!) but last night the pain was becoming so uncomfortable and mildly concerning so when I called the OB's office this morning to just get some advice on what I could do to help myself, the call nurse totally freaked me out! She told me I probably needed to head straight to Labor & Delivery and be monitored. She hung up with me to page my doctor and I called Thurman bawling my eyes out. 5 minutes later the nurse called back and said my doctor just wanted me to come into the office, SUCH A RELIEF!! Even more of a relief, once I got in and the midwife examined me she didn't seem concerned at all. She told me some of my symptoms are "normal" second pregnancy complaints and she also said the baby is cuddling up nice and low in my womb which isn't helping all the pressure, but nothing to worry about. So even though it ended up being nothing concerning I am glad to know what is going on and that it isn't causing any complications with the baby. He is tucked up tight in there for at least another 15 more weeks :)
Good, I am glad that the baby is okay. I think some nurses and doctors can really freak you out, when your kinda freaked out in the beginning.
ReplyDelete