The year RaeAnn was born the way we celebrated my birthday changed dramatically. Out in Illinois we didn't have anyone to babysit so we could go out on a date or do anything after 7pm so we planned my birthday around her. Which turned into special birthday traditions that now I love. On my birthday we take her to see Santa at the mall and we get a "family picture" in a photo booth. Then I get to drag them both around the mall while I shop for a present but this year Thurman already took care of the presents which was a nice change, I got a new watch and a new collection of ceramic vegetables carved into animals. They are adorable!
Thurman and RaeAnn took me to see The Muppets too. I originally wasn't planning on seeing it, they were supposed to just go on a date with out me, but I gave into the peer pressure and actually kinda liked it. To end my day, Thurman took me to our usual birthday dinner restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory...I always say we're going to try someplace new, but I just never want to be disappointed by food on my birthday!
I'm becoming very set in my ways in my old age ;)
Thurman and RaeAnn took me to see The Muppets too. I originally wasn't planning on seeing it, they were supposed to just go on a date with out me, but I gave into the peer pressure and actually kinda liked it. To end my day, Thurman took me to our usual birthday dinner restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory...I always say we're going to try someplace new, but I just never want to be disappointed by food on my birthday!
I'm becoming very set in my ways in my old age ;)
RaeAnnie with Santa, the photographer actually got a good smile, usually they miss it! This is my second favorite of her...the first being her first ever with the big guy, she loved him! Can't wait to see how Jacob does next year!
The only picture of RaeAnn not crying because I wouldn't let her open my presents. I can only be on my nice on my Birthday for so long ;)
modeling my new watch!
& I can't forget one of the yummiest of my Birthday traditions, DQ ice cream cake!! This year my sister and I decided to bring back a super old tradition, sharing our birthday! Her birthday is on the 6th and we always used to have to share a cake! & I'm pretty sure back then we thought that was pretty lame, but it wasn't too bad this year ;)
& I can't forget one of the yummiest of my Birthday traditions, DQ ice cream cake!! This year my sister and I decided to bring back a super old tradition, sharing our birthday! Her birthday is on the 6th and we always used to have to share a cake! & I'm pretty sure back then we thought that was pretty lame, but it wasn't too bad this year ;)


I love your birthday tradition and the picture with santa is so cute. PS I love DQ ice cream cake and now I really want some. LOL.
ReplyDelete