Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ready for 2012!!

What a Difference a Year Makes...This time last year I was trying to hold on to hope but my negative home pregnancy test on Christmas day brought me down into a depression. It was only our first month of trying since our first miscarriage, but I really thought I was pregnant and I really thought everything was going to be ok.
It only took one more month to get a positive test, but the hope and happiness only lasted 6 weeks even though the pregnancy technically lasted 10. Thurman and I were facing an obstacle we never even imagined. Panic and worry set in. & the depression only got worse.
April brought more issues for me...my gall bladder finally made it clear it was done working in my body and our plans to try again were put on hold. Surgery in May quickly resolved that issue but it wasn't until July I was hopeful again.
In July I met with my new OB/GYN - the most wonderful doctor I have ever had who was so willing to do everything he could to put out minds at ease and help us ...but that was never necessary...the very next month we were pregnant again and even though it was very uncertain and quite a rough start, this miracle baby has hung on and has grown!! (I'd like to think our vacation in Illinois helped us out a bit...something in that water, I'm telling you!) & Now here we are only 15 weeks left until we can meet the little boy who is going to make our family complete!

I am looking forward to the year ahead with so much hope and excitement! Not only for our new baby but for our entire family. While 2011 was rough it also was quite a productive...outside of the bedroom ;) Thurman made his promotion and 2012 will be the first year since 2008 that Thurman doesn't have to worry studying and testing. This year he can concentrate on excelling at his current job and new rank. (Next year will be a different story!)
I went back to school after a 5 year hiatus! & totally changed my major! from medical to business and I love it!! My goal for 2012 besides for wanting to have the healthiest pregnancy possible is to be only one semester away from my associates degree by the end of the year.
Big things this year, People, Big things!! (& no more surgeries, Thurman!)

I wish everyone a happy & healthy New Year!
I'm off to ring it in from my comfy bed...I doubt I'll make it to midnight and that's probably for the best. RaeAnn is super excited to hang up her brand new Olivia the Pig calendar! :) and I expect her up by at least 630AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment