I had another successful OB appt today. & it was a Christmas miracle that they took me back exactly at my appointment time! usually I wait like 15 minutes and then another 10 once I'm in a room. Today I was in and out in 20 minutes! So here are my current stats...
weight gain: + 13lbs (that's from the start of the pregnancy, not just the past four weeks!)
belly measurement: 21 cm (I think that's a little small since I'm almost 23 weeks, but Dr. D said it was great!
baby's heart rate: I didn't get an actual #, the doctor and I were chatting while we were listening to the Doppler! But it was nice and strong, and that's all I need to know!
my concerns: I mentioned to the doctor about the weird pulling I was having and he checked my gall bladder scars for hernias, everything was good but he wants to keep an eye on it. I also told him that some days it still feels like I have my gall bladder, I get bad pains on my right side that go into my back, he seemed mildly concerned...he said again "let's keep an eye on it" and I'm supposed to call if anything gets worse and he said we'd have to do some blood work to check my liver if it keeps up. He is the sweetest doctor, he said he wants to make sure this pregnancy is as easy as possible for me and that he will do everything he can for me.
Other important baby/pregnancy updates...
When I scheduled my next appt I had to include my glucose testing!! It's already time for that! & the nurse sent me home with a pre-admission packet to fill out and mail in to the hospital. Have I mentioned before this pregnancy is flying by!?
Jacob is getting even stronger with his movements but some days he is still pretty lazy which I've read is normal until the 3rd Trimester then I need to be doing my "kick counts". RaeAnn finally felt the baby move but she wasn't too impressed. I'm starting to wonder if she really knows what's inside of me! and what's eventually going to come out!!
Jacob is getting spoiled already!! I can not stop buying him clothes and we even bought the Joovy ultralight tandem stroller, which I am already in love with (and so is RaeAnn!) My Nana has been shopping (and knitting) for him but she is saving it for Christmas and my mom bought him his first "gift", a cute little monkey outfit and a itty bitty knit cap.
In nonbaby news, 3 of my 4 finals are done, I just have one quick final on Monday before I am totally done but I already know I am getting straight A's in all my classes :) I hope I can keep it up next semester!
Oh and you'll never guess...my car is back in the shop!!! this time it was the starter! thank goodness for the warranty, but my geesh you would think a two year old car would be a bit more dependable!! Thurman and I are thinking about starting to shop around for a minivan...eek! Don't know if I am ready for that yet! I really wish my current car liked me!! I'd rather spend my money on the baby, not a new car!!
So I'm jealous, you can see that you are pregnant and I'm to the point where you do not know if I just gained a crap load of weight or I could be pregnant. But I know the my belly will start to show more eventually.
ReplyDeletedon't be too jealous! Some people I see on a daily basis (at RaeAnn's school and in class) still don't realize that I am pregnant and not just blowing up like a balloon!! Whenever I tell someone new they're like "oh really?" and then I tell them how far along I am and it clicks! LOL.
ReplyDelete