Yesterday was my last scheduled appointment (39 weeks, 5 days) and I made some minimal progress from last week. My cervix was nice and soft and 50% effaced, still only 1cm though. The doctor stripped my membranes and told me that if I don't go into labor over the weekend he would see me nice and early Tuesday morning, pending L&D isn't too busy!
So that's it, I am really down to the last 4 days of this pregnancy! I've been crampy since my appointment and have had a couple of contractions but nothing is getting started. I am pretty sure I am going to make it to Tuesday. Thurman had his hopes up I am would wake up in labor today, Friday the 13th, since the day is special to us, but I've been thinking that I don't feel comfortable being in the hospital on such a superstitious day!! I don't want to push our luck!! I am fine waiting until Tuesday...4/17 :)
The doctor did some blood work yesterday just to make sure everything is still good with me (which I assume came back OK, since he didn't call) and Baby Jacob is still movin' & groovin' in my belly (which leads me to believe maybe he really isn't as big as we have been told.) So now it's just a waiting game.
My nesting instincts have kicked back into high gear so I've been cleaning and reorganizing like a mad woman! Which should keep me busy over the next couple of days! Also It's going to be a beautiful weekend weather wise and I am looking forward to spending as much time with RaeAnn as possible. & who knows maybe Baby Jacob will just show up on his own...either way he really is almost here!!!!
Well, the end is certainly in sight eh? Can't wait to hear that baby Jacob has arrived! Enjoy the last few days Hun and I'll keep everything crossed for you. Xo
ReplyDeleteI think something about the dr checking you makes you crampy and contract some, my last several appoinements that happened to me as well.
ReplyDelete