Friday, April 6, 2012

Not Ready :(

Apparently Jacob is not as ready as I am and neither is my OB...well he was until he checked me and I was still only 1cm and my cervix is still very high. Dr. D said he was planning on inducing me tomorrow!! April 7th, The day I have had in my heart that he would come!! I said YES PLEASE! But he explained that since my body isn't ready it would be a long, rough process using more drugs than he would like as opposed to if we just give my body some more time to make some progress on it's own. So once again he kicked me out the door with a "See ya next week" :( But he did give me a little ray of hope....April 17th is the day if I don't get going on my own before then.

I left the office totally deflated and pretty upset but the more I thought about everything the more I was OK with it all and if you can remember way back to when I first announced the pregnancy originally they wanted to change my due date to the 17th because the 1st ultrasound had the baby measuring small....of course now we know he is not small at all...I could be delivering a 10 pounder on the 17th!! But just because he is a big boy doesn't mean everything is done developing. So go ahead and enjoy your last 11 days Baby Jacob...and please be a little bit nicer to your mom so she doesn't get too grumpy ;)

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Jill, he may not be as big as they think. At 37 weeks Marion was measuring 7 pounds 3 ounces, but when she was born at 41.5 weeks, she was only 6 pounds 2 ounces. Weird huh? We've got everything crossed for you that baby Jacob gets here soon and smoothly for you :-).
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete