Saturday, April 7, 2012

Thankful.

After my appointment yesterday, Thurman and I took RaeAnn out for ice cream because she was well behaved during my appt. While we indulged we talked about what the doctor had to say. Thurman was confused as to why the doctor said he was planning on inducing me this weekend but changed his mind...He said "why not just do it now? why make you go through another miserable week, what if he checks you again next week and you're still only 1cm??"
At first I was a little confused by his questions and explained that no matter what April 17th was the day. But what he was really asking was "what's the point in waiting another week"
and here is how I explained it to him...and here is why we should be incredibly thankful that I am not being induced this weekend...
First off Baby Jacob is entitled to a full 40 weeks - yes every mom prays just a little that her baby will show up sooner rather than later - but 40 weeks is best.
& the best news we got yesterday is that I am healthy enough to carry him, my blood pressure is great, my urine is clear, & even better than that he is healthy enough to stay in there, he is moving like he still has plenty of room and he has passed two NST's in the past 2 weeks and he is still head down. There really is no reason to rush this as much as we want to hold our baby in our arms and see his sweet face he isn't ready and he doesn't have to be yet. So why wait another week? #1 we can be sure he is full grown (even if it that means he could be close to 10 pounds!!) and # 2 my body can have more time to prepare so if I do have to be induce it will be a bit easier than it would be this weekend.

Yes I was totally bummed that he isn't coming when I would like....but the good news is HE IS COMING. What's another 10 days compared to the two years we've been waiting for him??

& just a couple other bonuses....now I don't have to miss Easter with RaeAnn which made me sad to think about, I've never missed a holiday with her! and maybe I'll even have enough time next week to pamper myself a little and get my hair cut and dyed so I look extra pretty in all the pictures we will take :) and I guess I'll make sure to get ahead in all my classes so I can really enjoy the little guy once he is here. It's all working out for the best :)

1 comment:

  1. So exciting. I can not wait to read the post that your baby boy is here to say "Hi" to the world.

    ReplyDelete