I stopped going to the gym in July when we decided it was time to TTC again, I just wanted to take it easy, I know there was no reason to stop that it is OK to work out safely while pregnant... but I was scared. After two miscarriages I wanted to make sure I didn't over do anything and that I just took good care of myself. ( I know it's a catch 22, working out is technically taking care of yourself...there is just no way to rationalize with my crazy mind!!)
At all of our check-ups I've been asked if I have been working out and my answer has been "no, but..." My doctor and his nurses reminded me that is safe to work out and that I SHOULD be getting some exercise...so finally I took a deep breath and went this morning and did 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill. It was weird to be there just taking it easy, I've never worked out just to be healthy, it was always to lose weight! Now I need to make sure I don't burn too many calories!
My plan is to go every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday since MWF I am in class and usually come home exhausted! I really hope to keep it up, my goal is to be as healthy as possible and definitely not gain too much weight. I only gained 35 with RaeAnn, but I probably should have gained about 20 wiht how heavy I was when I started. So far I have only gained two pounds which I think is reasonable (and all in my boobs!)
I have to get going, tonight there is an ice cream social and RaeAnn is pretty excited! So am I! I've been craving hot fudge!!! (starting to think maybe this is a girl! LOL.)
No comments:
Post a Comment