Saturday, October 1, 2011

telling RaeAnn...

We told RaeAnn the night of my first ultrasound. We weren't planning on it, but I proudly displayed the 6 week sonogram picture on the fridge and every time RaeAnn would pass it she would ask what it was. At first I just told her "that's what you looked like when you were in mommy's tummy" a couple hours later she was just looking at and said "it is just so cute and small"
So I asked her if she knew what it was and she said no. So I told her, "that's you brother or sister in my tummy right now" She looked at the picture to me and back again a couple times and then FREAKED OUT! She was so excited she came over and gave me the greatest hug and just kept hugging me! She kept saying "I just don't believe it!!" It was the most fun I have ever had telling anyone I was pregnant! Her reaction was the greatest!
She was so cute when she asked me if I went to the Dentist to get the baby's picture :) and then she wanted to know how they were able to see into my belly to get the picture. She is very curious. It was even cuter when she asked if she could get her doctor's set so she could hear the baby. I had to explain it was a bit to early for that!
Of course then I realized I needed my 4 year old blabber mouth to keep a secret! She did a pretty good job and I made sure to keep her secluded from the family for a while :) Now that the cat is out of the bag, she's been telling everyone! As loudly as she can!
She is so proud that she is finally going to be a big sister! She already loves talking to my tummy and thinking of things she wants to do once the baby gets here :) (She is convinced we are going to Disney world as soon as he or she arrives! LOL)
We'll see how excited she is when she isn't the only child anymore ;)

This shirt is a 4t! It's the Big Sister shirt I bought on clearance when RaeAnn was barely 2 with the hopes that one day she'd be able to wear it! After the past year I was going to put it in the good will bag but I'm glad I held on to it because to my surprise when we put it on for this picture it actually fit!! (though it's a bit short!She now wears a size 6 in the little girls section!) She'll definitely need a new one for pictures when the baby is here :)
 You can see just how excited she is with how much fun she had during the "photo shoot"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment