Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weeks 7-11

8/30/11 --I had my first "routine" appointment today at 7 weeks. It was just with the midwife at the OB's office and we went over my medical history and then did a quick exam, she said I am measuring well :) & gave me some tips on how to deal with my ALL DAY sickness!! Yes, not just morning sickness but ALL DAY LONG!! I want to say this sucks! But this is what I have been praying for for a year now. So I will take it, and I pray the B6 vitamins help some :)

I thought I would be willing to go "public" after today's appointment but I think I am going to wait another whole month. That is when my first appt with my OB is, when we will actually hear the heartbeat and when I start my second trimester. Perfect timing if you ask me :)

Also today, Thurman and RaeAnn snuck out to the mall to surprise me with a little something special for the baby...it's a beanie baby giraffe. This is not just any giraffe...this is the giraffe I've had my eye on for a YEAR! It is just so cute I wanted to buy it for our new baby, every time I planned on buying it in the past things would go bad. & every time I walked by a stuffed animal display he was always there, just waiting for me to get some good news so I could finally bring him home with me :) It was so cute of Thurman to remember and surprising me with him!
He is exactly like RaeAnn's favorite stuffed toy, her puppy that she sleeps with every night, so I just know the baby will love him!

Until the baby gets here keeps me company on my night stand :)

9/13/2011-- I'm nine weeks along now!! I meant to update at 8 weeks but school started so I have been very busy. I'm still dealing with the nausea and pure exhaustion. Luckily I still have not vomited! It's my goal, NO PUKING! LOL. This past week my migraines came back and my OB says there is nothing I can do except take Tylenol which does not help AT ALL! He also suggested drinking some caffeine. Now I didn't think I needed caffeine that bad, and when my morning coffee started making me sick I figured that was good because I didn't really need to be drinking it anyways. But apparently I do. I grabbed a Dr. Pepper and within minutes my headache was gone. So I picked up some of the small 100 calorie can of DP and I'll have to make sure I have one a day!
I haven't gained any weight which I think is good since I've been eating like a teenage boy, because when I am not nauseous I am STARVING!! I have to make sure to eat a small meal before I go to bed or my hungry belly wakes me up growling at 3AM! I haven't had any major cravings or food aversions yet, it's just sometimes I really really want something and other times the same food can completely repulse me!

9/16/11 --We had quite a scare yesterday I went to the bathroom and saw blood. I totally freaked. I called the Ob Office right away and the nurse's line was great and we got right in for an ultrasound and we were SO very relieved to see our baby with a very strong heartbeat. They couldn't give me a reason for the bleeding but they didn't seem very concerned. & some good news, this ultrasound had the baby measuring more on track with what I thought my due date was. I had a feeling this baby wasn't going to be a peanut! :)

9/24/11 -- I am 11 weeks now and still feeling rather craptastic! My seasonal allergies have started acting up and that just isn't helping at all. Even though I still don't look at all pregnant, I'm officially in maternity clothes. & they are not as comfy as I remember! or cute for that matter! I'm hoping that once my belly really starts showing that will change,until then I will have to make do!
My pregnancy is just so different this time around. But then again so is my life!! I can't just lounge around all day like I did when I was pregnant with RaeAnn...now I'm in school and taking care of a very demanding 4 year old! (I can't even imagine how mothers of toddlers or more than one kid handle the first trimester!! You guys are freakin' rock stars!!!!) I would have to say though that my favorite part so far is that Thurman has taken over cleaning the bathrooms :) and he does such a good job!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment