Thurman took a couple days of vacation so we could enjoy some fun fall festivities this week. Tuesday we went to the Topsfield Fair pretty much just for the food. It was a rainy (very rainy!) day, but it was free for military so we dressed warm and took an umbrella. It was a good time, but we were all exhausted, RaeAnn practically put herself to bed!
I also had Open House at RaeAnn's preschool, I love her teachers and it is going to be sad to leave them next year when she moves on to Kindergarten. They love RaeAnn and always say such nice things about her, which is always wonderful to hear. :)
Wednesday after school we took a drive to the outlet malls, we didn't buy much :( I wanted Uggs and maybe a new Coach purse, but I just couldn't find anything worth the money, major bummer! Even the kid stores were a disappointment, they didn't have anything I couldn't get at the local mall and the prices didn't make a difference. Last summer we left with bags and bags of stuff, this year not so much. We did however find a local Red Robin! They always show Red Robin Commercials around here, but the closest one is an hour away at Gillette Stadium! & it wasn't even as good as it was in Illinois. We still enjoyed the time hanging out with each other...for the most part.
Thursday was the official kick off to the Halloween season, with the Haunted Happenings parade in Salem. RaeAnn is dressing up as the Cheshire Cat this year and she looked so cute! Both sides of my family were there, which is a really rare occurrence! RaeAnn got a good amount of candy and actually enjoyed herself. The first time we went to the parade the fire trucks and marching bands were just too loud for her, we have learned though and now we bring along a pair of firing range headphones, they are way too big, but they work! Thurman's friend from work is kind enough to loan her a pair for the night.
Today was a busy back to work/school day, I haven't cared much about 3 day weekends over the past couple years (since as a SAHM you NEVER get a "long weekend") but I am really looking forward to the break. Tomorrow we are heading up North to check out the foliage and visit with my Dad's side, Sunday will be filled with lots of homework and then yummy food at Mom's. Most of all I am looking forward to Monday, we do not have any plans except for probably staying in our PJ's all day and just relaxing!! I can't wait!
As for me and baby, Sunday marks 13 weeks which starts the last week of my 1st Trimester! A lot of my yucky symptoms have subsided, yay!! I am looking forward to feeling some baby kicks and jabs and see my tummy start to grow, it kinda already has, but no one else can tell but me. It stills feels surreal that I am really pregnant It was such a long road to get here, we have truly been blessed and we are so thankful for everything we have!

No comments:
Post a Comment