Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Giuliana Rancic

I've loved Giuliana and Bill's story since I first saw their wedding special way back when. And then since I'm a sucker for reality TV shows, I started watching their series Giuliana & Bill... Yes, I even bought their book!
Last Year I really connected to their story, we both had a miscarriage at the same time and I just thought she was so great for talking publicly about her struggle since everyone else thinks it is something to keep quiet. Following her story was hard, I cried through a lot of that season though I was not dealing with IF, I was still able to relate.
Since this last season of Giuliana & Bill ended I have been thinking of her and wondering if her IVF had worked. I finally have my rainbow baby and I want her to have hers too!! So yesterday when I logged into my YAHOO! email and saw "Giuliana Rancic" was trending I got pretty excited! I clicked her name and was absolutely shocked to read the headline. My heart sank.
Just this morning I finally was able to watch my DVR of yesterday's Today show and Giuliana's interview where she made the announcement. I cried the whole way through. My heart is broken for her.
But that isn't what she wants. She doesn't want people to feel bad for her, which of course makes me cry more because she is being so incredibly strong! Her Cancer is in the very early stages and she is lucky it was caught so early and that is the positive she is finding in all of this. If she hadn't miscarried, if IVF had worked for her, she would not have found the cancer until much later. She says her baby saved her life. (crying again now writing this!)
It's an amazing story a little weird to write that a story about miscarriage, failed IVF and Cancer is amazing, but it just shows you the mysterious ways God works. He does have a plan. He has his reasons. And He will always provide. Giuliana is so very hopeful to become pregnant after treatment. & I am so hopeful for her, whether naturally, through a surrogate or even adoption, I just want her to be a mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment