Baby W is 17 weeks now and definitely moving around in my belly :) although he gets a bit lazy sometimes! my little baby ticker says he is 7 oz and 6 inches...I think he might be bigger though because I'm still always hungry, I'm always eating but I am not gaining very much weight. The baby must be stealing all my food! & boy does he have some weird cravings ;) with RaeAnn I craved milkshakes and french fries at first and then later onion rings and pickles! With this baby it's been chicken sandwiches from Wendy's (I've only ever eaten there like 5 times before this pregnancy!! now it's been almost once a week), croissants, cheese subs (yup just cheese)...these are all things I never really cared to eat before being pregnant! It is kinda strange. As for aversions, foods with strong smells make me want to vomit, but there probably isn't anything I won't eat :)
I slowly but surely starting to get some of my energy back, I haven't had to nap the past couple days and my house is started to get cleaned! I think it's because I can finally sleep through the night without having to use the bathroom. I finally dreamed about the baby the other night. I can't remember the details but I know we had a little girl and named her Josie (not a name in the running btw) I'm still pretty sure this little person in me is a boy though.
Next week is when we find out :) We have special plans to keep it a secret for just a little while. Since we hesitantly spread the news we were pregnant in the first place, we figured we'd have lots of fun telling everyone the gender. & we want to make sure that even our families who live in New Hampshire, Colorado and West Virginia are able to get in on the fun.
My sisters don't think I will be able to keep it a secret, but I am dead set on my plan and I don't want to mess it up. I told them that I have been referring to the baby as a "he" from the start and will change it after we make the big reveal if necessary. I also informed them I would be wearing my "Team Jacob" shirt to the premiere of Breaking Dawn, so they shouldn't read into that either!! Jacob is our # 1 choice for a boy's name :) (But it isn't because of Twilight! RaeAnn was going to be Jacob if she was a boy and I didn't read Twilight until she was 2!!) I'm still totally lost on a girl's name...in fact I don't even really like any of the names on our survey list anymore! I think if it is a girl we might name her once she is born and we get to meet her :)
I'll be sure to post the news just as soon as everyone in the family knows :) I also have another check up (18 weeks) with the doctor so I'll update with any news from that appointment. I can't wait to see our baby and hear the heartbeat again! RaeAnn is definitely coming this time which should be lots of fun!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment