We had our much anticipated ultrasound on Wednesday. The baby looked wonderful. All the appendages where accounted for and the heart was beating strong. The baby was measuring right on schedule...except for the head which was about a week bigger than the rest! Lucky me!! Today I went in for my monthly check up with my OB and he went over the U/S and my blood work and said the baby couldn't look better :) I am elated!! We've been praying for over a year for a healthy baby and our prayers have been answered, PRAISE THE LORD!
Once again my OB kindly answered all my crazy questions and concerns without laughing and put my mind at ease, I'll be worry free for at least two weeks now. He did tell me that apparently I'm already having braxton hicks! I told him sometimes by belly feels really tight but it doesn't hurt, he said yeah those are contractions, no big deal. They are very common in subsequent pregnancies. I definitely never had them with RaeAnn! so that's interesting!!
We did find out the baby's gender, but we are sending out special packages to my in-laws so we are keeping it a secret...now I just need to get my butt in gear and get them mailed! :)
Now that RaeAnn knows who the baby is in my tummy she's been talking to the baby a lot more. She now has to say "goodbye" whenever I leave and "good night" and lots of I Love You's...she loves the baby, but it definitely hit her yesterday during the Ultrasound that she will soon have to share her mom. She sat on Thurman's lap and cried that she wanted to be with me. Poor kid, she didn't enjoy it as much as we thought she would. But she did enjoy her special trip to Build-a Bear to make a bear for her new sibling. & I enjoyed Olive Garden for dinner! YUM!
Now it's time to get ready for Breaking Dawn premiere tonight! I'll post next week with all the excitement of the big reveal :)))

No comments:
Post a Comment