Saturday, November 5, 2011

how selfish of him to steal my spotlight

My days of sleeping in until 10 and being pampered all weekend long are over. Thurman is having surgery on Tuesday to try to fix his ACL one more time and I'll be having to take care of him!!! How selfish of him to steal my spotlight ;)
I just hope he is a better patient this time around. It wasn't fun taking care of him last time (which was only a year ago!) The pain was so bad for him they kept him under sedation longer and the scheduled 3 hour ordeal turned into 10!! It was hectic. & I was thankful at the time that I wasn't pregnant. This time we're just going to make it work. We're good at winging it! Plus we know what to expect this time around. One plus for me is that he seems to think setting up camp on the couch would be easier for him so he doesn't have to lift his leg into our tall bed, so I'll have the whole bed to myself!!
I am going to make sure he takes it super easy. Last year he was up on his crutches Christmas shopping with me within a week. I would rather he lay on the couch for a month unbothered than end up back in surgery again next year and possibly facing a medical board which could end up discharging him from the military. So I am sending him out Christmas shopping for me tonight :))) I wanna make sure Santa doesn't forget me ;)

p.s. check out the new link at the top of my page to RaeAnn[isms]! It's quick little posts with all the funny things she says to amuse us! There are 3 new ones just from tonight! She was on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment