Monday, November 28, 2011

deck the halls...

We got our tree up this weekend. It's always been a tradition in my family to get the (fake) tree up the day after Thanksgiving. & before this year, we've been really good about it...but this past Friday I spent all my energy shopping and came home super crabby :( so our tree made it up on Saturday. That's close enough for this preggo mom! I love having the house decorated, although come January 1st, my house always looks so empty and depressing...would it be so horrible to leave the house decorated all year long? :)


This year we got a special family ornament thanks to the people over at Personalizedfree.com. They offered to donate 10% of their proceeds to the blog, Jamesie Beats the Tumor. When I read the post about the fundraiser I immediately knew I wanted to find something to buy to support The James Camden Sikes Fund. I was pretty excited when I found this one for a family expecting their second child! You usually only find ornaments for new or expecting parents to commemorate their special Christmas, this one is perfect for us!! & Next year I'll have to go back and get an ornament for a family of FOUR :)
Personalizedfree.com has TONS of cute ornaments, very similar to the ones you can find on the carts at the mall, but I think a much better selection! They did a great job on ours and I would definitely recommend them (obviously :)) If any of you want to buy an ornament and support the James Camden Sikes Fund, just enter the code "James" at check out.


I do not know the Sikes family personally, but I follow their blog about the life of their son James and his courageous battle with a very rare form of cancer. To read about their story you can follow the link I posted above.

2 comments:

  1. That ornament is so cute, I will have to look on that site for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. :-)

    ReplyDelete